GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah yeah I know - I've already used the search button to look at previous similar threads but can't really put my finger on it.

I'm toying with the idea of selling my R32 GTR. Just toying with the idea, mind you....

But I've got no idea what sort of price I should expect for it. I need to stress that I'm in no rush to sell it as I have another car I used for a daily driver so will be happy to wait for the right buyer, but I need to get an idea as to what the right price would be.

1991 R32 GT-R in silver
1 UK owners since import - me :) Have had the car since June 2004.
It's covered circa 94,000 km which is around 58,000 miles.
The engine was replaced with one from Matt Jeff's UK R33 GT-R. This has circa 40,000 on it, came with FSH and was upgraded by Middlehurst to their 500bhp package at 27,000 miles.
The engine includes:
HKS GT-SS turbos
HKS uprated actuators
HKS hard pipe kit
HKS turbo elbows
HKS downpipes
HKS iridium plugs
Uprated intercooler
Twin-plate clutch (I think it's Nismo - RK said it was a 'red' one??)
A'PEXi Power FC
A'PEXi Power FC boost control kit
A'PEXi air filters
HKS 264/264 cams
HKS lightweight pulley
HKS 1.2mm head gasket
Nismo cam belt
Nismo 550cc injectors
Clear pulley cover
HKS Power engine center strip
Front strut brace
Lowered slightly (Eibach springs)
Produced 491bhp and 450lb/ft on RR at 1.3 bar when fitted, although the air temp was 30+ degrees at the time!! LOL So safe to say that at 'normal' air temps it's safely 500+bhp.

Wheels are 18 x 9.5 Super Advan Racing in satin black with polished lip
Tyres are Falken F451s all round - all 4 were replaced a little while ago (just after the engine was replaced) and the car's not done much mileage since then at all (it's a weekend toy).
Decat pipe
Massive Invidia exhaust system - 4" centre pipe to 5" backbox
Clifford Cat 1 alarm/immobiliser
RAC Trackstar with Safespeed
Nismo leather gearknob
New handbrake and gearstick black leather gaiters
Uprated front speakers 5.25" components with external tweeters (let's be honest - the factory speakers are turd!).
Bodywork is mint.

The clutch master cylinder has been replaced with new, as well as the clutch servo.
Front lower balljoints have both been replaced with new.
Speedo cable has been replaced with new (THAT was a fun job! Hehehehe...)
Speedo convertor gearbox has been fitted (but can be easily removed)

There's a small wear patch on the driver's seat right hand kidney bolster.

There's probably more but I can't quite remember off the top of my head at the moment :D

So any ideas what would be a fair asking price, considering that there's no rush to sell? I know the car stands me at nearly £20,000 - I don't expect to get anywhere near that back but I'd like to know what people think is a fair price to ask...?

A few piccies:

·
6,817 Posts
Jim, the market is so bad at the moment (in the UK), that if you are not considering a 100% to sell it,then take my advice and leave it.

For all you guys in the UK, you may post the sales prices of the moment, but remember that all your cars are at least 3-5k more worth outside the UK. I allways have my heart bleeding when I see so many sweet cars go for bargain.:runaway:

Sell it for 25k on :
mobile.de - der Automarkt für Gebrauchtwagen und Neufahrzeuge - Finden oder Verkaufen Sie einfach und schnell ihr Auto

Regards

Chris

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
when you set the boost does the car immediately zero in on that level and hold it steady? Are you on the stock AFMs?

That's more or less the spec I'm going for - halfway there, but a long second half to cover (GTSS, cams, fuel system)!

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
that car would be around $25-30,000 USD in the Korean market, but about $8k of that are "compliance" costs - taxes and paying off the smog guy, in other words :p

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
when you set the boost does the car immediately zero in on that level and hold it steady? Are you on the stock AFMs?

That's more or less the spec I'm going for - halfway there, but a long second half to cover (GTSS, cams, fuel system)!
Yep - goes straight up to the selected boost and sits there for as long as you hold the fun pedal down :)

Yep - stock AFMs. Stock AFMs will take up to 500bhp - that's why Middlehurst retained them for the conversion. People will argue one way or the other but the fact is that with the air temp over 30 degree this car put out just shy of 500bhp on stock AFMs.

Yeah - the turbos, cams, pulleys & fuelling is a BIG jump :D

I'd be perfectly happy to sell and ship to an overseas buyer, however there would obviously need to be a little more care taken over the payment method.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Jim, the market is so bad at the moment (in the UK), that if you are not considering a 100% to sell it,then take my advice and leave it.
I disagree.

There is a market in the UK for genuine excellent examples of R32 GTR's that have quality brand upgrades.

This year I have been surprised just how much some cars were advertised for, and they actually found a buyer!

Of course, there are those that over valued their cars and had to reduce the price significantly to attract a buyer too. This perhaps gives the impression that the market is bad.

With regards to a value, it comes down to personal opinion, and I can only suggest that you take a look at what else is currently being advertised that is of a similar age and specification.

I haven't seen your car Jim, but from the photos it looks a fine example, and the only thing that would disappoint me as a discerning buyer would be the fact that the suspension and brakes appear standard (other than eibach springs). I think anyone looking for a 500bhp+ R32 GTR would expect to see suspension and brake upgrades. Just my two penneth.

Nigel

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers for the input Nigel. Its did have Ohlins dampers front and back but one of the fronts developed a leak so I refitted standard dampers at the front end, with the intention of rebuilding the Ohlins units. Just not got round to it yet :(

Brakes were next on the shopping list, but having just gotten married, with the talk of kids on the horizon, and the need to get something a little newer than my current daily hack (and a little more sensible for commuting than the R32) the project has pretty much stalled now :( I think that if I spunk another grand on brakes the missus may well deb0ll0ck me whilst I sleep :chuckle:

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess the other option is to remove the 500bhp engine and sell it seperately...? I still have my old engine (with completely new top end LOL!) stored. I could refit that and sell the car with a standard engine - am guessing it'd probably pull what - £8k?

The question then is what would the UK FSH 40k mile R33 engine & 500bhp ancillaries be worth on their own as a package?

·
6,817 Posts
well my point is the following, in Lux you can register the R32 (even modified) price 300-400Euros.
What you guys in the UK not seem to understand is that jap. performance cars are rare in the EU. There are no GTRs, RX7s, Supras, NSXs or other hot imports like Chasers or jap. spec MR2s, FTOs, Starlet GTs ex . . . .
You need to pay 20000Euros+ for a high milage, dusty EU-Supra from 94.That means that there is no way somebody will drive a 400HP+ car under 25000Euros.( at least not the majority)
M3s and light modified Scoobies are the only 300HP+ cars you can find easy on the market under 30000Euros . . .but that's still far from 500HP.

I sold my broken, crashed R32 GTST (with 380HP) for 11000Euro. I bought it as an import from the UK @6000Euros . . .just imagine how much I would have gotten for it, if not crashed!

People spend 15000Euros for crap low milage Golf GTis or R32 V6s . . . if they could buy a Skyline GTR instead, well they would do it . . . but the UK is still on the moon for most germans, french, belgium or Luxs.
I allways have to laugh seeing that in the UK you can get Skylines for the prices of old crap Primeras here . . .

my 2 cent.:)

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
gtrlux - you can always sell it for me as my agent over there and I'll pay you a commission :D

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Lovely looking example of an R32 Jim - piccies taken on Scout Rd by any chance? (I used to live in Egerton).

It's a shame you're thinking about selling but I hope you get the right price for it - and I hope you stay on the forum :)

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
My guess would have been £10,500 - £11,000 in the UK although when I sold mine, the UK was about the only country I did not get an enquiry from!!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Nobody will buy a car like this in Germany,it is not registerable in that condition,no chance to do it,without building most of it back to standard.:mad:
If standard exhaust and air cleaners were fitted I bet they could not tell which other parts were modified.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lovely looking example of an R32 Jim - piccies taken on Scout Rd by any chance? (I used to live in Egerton).

It's a shame you're thinking about selling but I hope you get the right price for it - and I hope you stay on the forum :)
Yes indeedy - Scout Road it is :) For the shots where I had to stand in the road I'd usually get a good second or two's notice of the motorbikes screaming round the corner at some obscene speed - just fast enough to run for my live back into the layby LMAO :chuckle:

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Yes indeedy - Scout Road it is :) For the shots where I had to stand in the road I'd usually get a good second or two's notice of the motorbikes screaming round the corner at some obscene speed - just fast enough to run for my live back into the layby LMAO :chuckle:
PMSL Jim - I used to hurtle round there on 2 wheels in my yoof (we're talking mid to late 70's here :eek: ). Firstly on my push bike (used to cycle from Egerton all the way round Winterhill - I'd need 100% oxygen and a defibrilator on standby to do that now :chuckle: ) then on my Yamaha FS1E moped :eek: and finally on my big bike - a Yamaha RS100 :chuckle: - before I foolishly got done for DUI (+ 3 other simultaneous offences) on it at the tender age of 18 :(

You'd have had HOURS to step out of my way on any of those machines!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts