GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
via Sly/Litchfield i already have stage 1plus y pipe, bell housing needs replacement otherwise i cant think of a single car that can act as replacement.

What do i do now need to distance myself even further from competition for next 3 years?

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Stage 4 or more and standard brakes?

I'd look at upgrading the stock brakes before you go over 600bhp.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Stage 4 or more and standard brakes?

I'd look at upgrading the stock brakes before you go over 600bhp.
Really? How often do you use 600+bhp on the road?

For track, maybe if you chasing times, but you can drive around brakes not performing 1/10th better.

My preference would be the suspension... brakes are only good when the tyres are in contact with the tarmac ;)

Having said that, brakes are next on my list :nervous: just waiting for the standard ones to die.... they are holding up well.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Well he said distancing himself from the cometition without saying how the car was used.

On the road or on track, I just like to be able to stop ASAP. :)

If you can't use over 600bhp on the road often, why do people reccomend more power?

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Well he said distancing himself from the cometition without saying how the car was used.

On the road or on track, I just like to be able to stop ASAP. :)

If you can't use over 600bhp on the road often, why do people reccomend more power?
:D

If the standard brakes are not cracked and are working well, is it really worth changing them? I dont think so.... mine stops just fine :runaway:

I find it rare that I can use all the power on the road for more than a few seconds. That is why I am staying at stage 4

Just use and enjoy the car for a bit would be my suggestion....
Most definitely

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
:D

If the standard brakes are not cracked and are working well, is it really worth changing them? I dont think so.... mine stops just fine :runaway:

I find it rare that I can use all the power on the road for more than a few seconds. That is why I am staying at stage 4

Most definitely
I thought the standard brakes were fine aswell............ until I tried a car with upgraded brakes. So so much better than oem

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
I thought the standard brakes were fine aswell............ until I tried a car with upgraded brakes. So so much better than oem
Then just go try the Alcon SuperKit or the Alcon kit ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts