GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a friend with an R32 GT-R who's looking to change from a big single setup to twins. He's got no idea what it's worth so therefore has no idea what to ask for it. Being a complete technophobe he's asked if I can do a little research on t'interwebthingy as to what the real value of these parts 'as a package' would be. He obviously doesn't want to get bummed on the price but similarly doesn't want to overestimate and ask too much.

So - what's an honest, fair (to both buyer and seller) price for the following:

- HKS T51R turbo (run for 1,800 miles on factory ECU and standard boost for running in then just 200 miles at 1.5 bar). He originally paid £4,500 for this monster, and the impellor casing has been chromed and it also has one of those shiny stainless steel plates over the turbine part
- HKS manifold (polished) - he paid £1,750 for this originally
- HKS downpipe - paid £1,500 new (feeds external wastegate pipe back into the downpipe)
- External wastegate (paid £750 new)

So that little lot stands him at around £8,500 (new). What's a fair price then guys? I know **** all about big singles so am hoping some of your folks could shed some light :D

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Jim27 said:
I've got a friend with an R32 GT-R who's looking to change from a big single setup to twins. He's got no idea what it's worth so therefore has no idea what to ask for it. Being a complete technophobe he's asked if I can do a little research on t'interwebthingy as to what the real value of these parts 'as a package' would be. He obviously doesn't want to get bummed on the price but similarly doesn't want to overestimate and ask too much.

So - what's an honest, fair (to both buyer and seller) price for the following:

- HKS T51R turbo (run for 1,800 miles on factory ECU and standard boost for running in then just 200 miles at 1.5 bar). He originally paid £4,500 for this monster, and the impellor casing has been chromed and it also has one of those shiny stainless steel plates over the turbine part
- HKS manifold (polished) - he paid £1,750 for this originally
- HKS downpipe - paid £1,500 new (feeds external wastegate pipe back into the downpipe)
- External wastegate (paid £750 new)

So that little lot stands him at around £8,500 (new). What's a fair price then guys? I know **** all about big singles so am hoping some of your folks could shed some light :D
The whole kit from HKS cost's:clap: :clap: :clap:

Special single Turbo Kit Turbo Technology
Vehicles Produced Between: 95/1~98/12
Engine Type: RB26DETT
Part No: 1103-RN031
Model No: R33
T51R KAI
£4,450.00

That's from HKS Europe's web site.

So i think you have got your wires crossed Jim

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
m6beg said:
The whole kit from HKS cost's:clap: :clap: :clap:

Special single Turbo Kit Turbo Technology
Vehicles Produced Between: 95/1~98/12
Engine Type: RB26DETT
Part No: 1103-RN031
Model No: R33
T51R KAI
£4,450.00

That's from HKS Europe's web site.

So i think you have got your wires crossed Jim

Wowza - cheers ****. Like I said - what I know about big singles you could write on the back of a postage stamp! :D

I'm only reporting exactly what he told me.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Jim27 said:
Wowza - cheers ****. Like I said - what I know about big singles you could write on the back of a postage stamp! :D

I'm only reporting exactly what he told me.
No problem Jim mate.
Tell him he is dreaming or he has been riped off big time

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
I paid £3K for my T51r Kai kit, brand new in unopened boxes in the UK.

That includes manifold, wastegate, downpipe, oil pipes etc.

2nd hand, I'd guess around the £2k mark. Turbos on there own fetch upto £1200.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The guy's genuine - he's a dead nice, no bullsh1t guy. He bought the components individually and has indeed paid through the nose. He swapped and changed his spec whilst the car was being built so he paid a premium each and every time he bought a part, plus buying all his parts through a tuner has bumped his price up as well as they will have had a profit margin on top.

Whether or not he put too much trust in his tuner as his supplier I don't want to comment - it was his decision and his money. I've told him that he should expect around the £2k mark for a standard kit, and that the fact that the turbo's chromed and the manifolds are polished might add a small amount onto the resale price but not megabucks.

Before anyone asks, I'm not going to say who the tuner is. It's not my place to do so. If Herbie (the chap in question) chooses to divulge this to anyone who's interested in buying his parts then fair enough.

Cheers for the help guys - much appreciated :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts