GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the 2 little plastic clips on the ecu kick panel are for on my r32?
They are definitely factory fitted as you can tell from the back.
Its the only thing left on my car that I haven,t found out what its for.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Sounds like it's for the emergency flare that you have to have in Japan.
Yours must have been removed.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
flare

you arae right mine still has flare in

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
clips

Thanks for the replies guys.It's my first time on a forum and its better than any manual.
I will be getting one eventually but I've done a lot to my skyline just from reading the forums.

·
Registered
83 Posts
flares....

Has anyone fired one of these flares ?

Has anyone got one I can have a go with ? :)

·
Registered
520 Posts
If when I bought my car there was a flare in it; I would have fired it straight away. :D Unfortunately there wasn't, and the little clips now hold a small fire extinguisher. :)

·
Registered
335 Posts
Flare firing

Have done it a number of times.
The only thing is the older they are the more prone they are to not wanting to be put out & spitting at you.
Nice red flame & smoke tho:D

·
Registered
905 Posts
Customs dont like you bringing firearms into the country so they usually take them out, but mine was hidden inside the dash and they missed it. I have not fired it as I thought Ide keep it as it's part of my car!!

Its out of date now anyway!

Si

·
Registered
335 Posts
DRAXX????

Never heard of that explanaition before?
Did you just make that up:D

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Draxx

Try it, they go off well, bit frightening holding it in your hand though but its OK.

Its amazing you got yours still in your car, they have a 2ft midget in Southampton who sole job is to root out flares and get behind dashes to find them, if you go down there you will see him with a chain round his neck tethered up to the railings taking them out, hes vicious, hes also colour blind and can only detect red is what ive heard:D

·
Registered
905 Posts
LOL Dirk!!!!

Mine was still in the holder, but sort of shuved up under the dash, I didnt find it till the 2nd day I owned her!!!!

Si

Emergency Flare BTW Numbnuts (Well thats Elviras name for you anyway......;) :rolleyes: )

1 - 16 of 16 Posts