GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was driving my car the other day, doing some mountain course, and all of the sudden i heard a very small pop,,, it sounded like a small back-fire,,, anyway, immediately after my car started bogging down, and it was very difficult to drive, it would barely make it over 2000rpm,,, i was able to drive it home and the next day i changed out the ecu, and that did nothing,, so i checked the spark plugs and they were black, so i cleaned them with some high pressure air, and then started my car and it idled fine for about 2 minutes and it started bogging down again,, does any one know what might be the problem? the spark plugs maybe? once they were cleaned off the car idled fine for a bit, so I'm confused,, maybe the injectors?? the car spits out black exhaust indicating a very very rich a/f.. please let me know what you guys think
thanks

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Hi,

What car is it?

Could it be AFM's.....?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pulse D said:
Hi,

What car is it?

Could it be AFM's.....?
sorry,, its a r32 gtr

iv checked all the intercooler pipes and every thing is still intact,, that was my first guess aswell, but there all intact and the clamps are still on there tight,, ill try disconnecting the afm's and see if it gets worse or not,, ill keep you guys posted

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
iv checked the pipes from the turbo to the intercooler to the intake mani, and everything in between,,,

also they don't compress under throttle because i cant even get the engine to rev past 2000rpm, and i can boost at all...

so today i started the car up and played around with the throttle until i could get it to idle for a bit,, then i disconnected the afm and it died,,, so in conclusion,, the afm's are not the problem...
i also checked the fuel injectors and they are all good,, no black tips, so there all firing..

so I'm still confused about the problem,,, any one else have any ideas?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts