GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On the A35 between Poole and Dorchester I decided to do a little MPG test, so I switched the car to fully auto, reset my MPG and took it easy, to my astonishment when I reached the end of the A35 I got just a tad over 30mpg. Incredible considering the type of car. What is everyone elses best mpg you have achieved.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
are these with stock injectors or aftermarket?
because if aftermarket and that's been taken into consideration with mods those are not true figures as pulsewidth is different

also you can let a car roll under light throttle and get those readings or even higher but it does not reflect real life driving

think the average is around 22-24mpg on a proper run and around 16 round town
on track I average 6mpg lol

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I drove mine for 10k miles on an SVM 650r and over the entire time got 26.7mpg. That was as a daily driver. Almost exactly what I got on the ISF and the C55 before it. On a run and being granny like I could get over 30.

Now it's my weekend car it's dropped quite quickly to 18mpg and without a reset and about 6k miles as a second car. So in reality if I was to reset it now it would be sub 15 I reckon.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Is this a GT-R forum? :D

On a run to work, a 5 miles to motorway. 60 miles on the motorway (uphill, downhill and varying speeds from 50-100mph) and then 5 miles off, I get around 23mpg.

Around town, I get about 16.

I've had 26mpg before, but I was bored and gave up.

·
Following EJH#25
6,841 Posts
also you can let a car roll under light throttle and get those readings or even higher but it does not reflect real life driving
I drove from Lancaster to Aberdeen (filled up in Lancaster) which is 320 miles, on arrival, I still had 1/4 tank and a range of 130+ miles. That is real life driving and not fudged figures :)

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
I average 14-15mpg during the week (travelling during rush hour).

I've done 6700 miles and averaged 16.9mpg overall. That's using an iPhone app not onboard mpg as that will be wrong.

·
Premium Member
5,935 Posts
I drove from Lancaster to Aberdeen (filled up in Lancaster) which is 320 miles, on arrival, I still had 1/4 tank and a range of 130+ miles. That is real life driving and not fudged figures :)
I often get those sort of figures driving bewteen Nottingham and Dagenham without conciously taking it easy, this is usual traffic not in the middle of the night or anything like that.

on average the R35 is far more economical than the V8 S5 it replaced while mostly getting driven much harder.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bearing in mind before I reset it, the mpg was on 12.9mpg ;) which is 95% of the time town, stop-start driving. Stock injectors, just a stage 1 with y-pipe.

·
Premium Member
5,867 Posts
Miles Per Grin

·
Registered
199 Posts
I had this a few months back

IMG_3937.jpg

It was pissing down, so into save and held that speed and mpg for a good 10mins. Average is low 20's though, this was some kind of freak of nature!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts