GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today I was both happy and sad after ending my longest ever procrastination.

For 8 years I have been intending to replace a washer on a dripping tap and today I managed it. And it took less than 15 minutes :eek:

So what's the best/worst procrastination you can lay claim to? Anyone beat 8 years? I think to take the title, you do need to have actually completed the task as that means it not pure laziness, where the task may never get done :chuckle:

·
Registered
887 Posts
When we first bought our house I slowly began changing things on a quest to turn it from a house in to a home, (I'm a builder by the way), part of this involved a lot of one off bits including making all my own architrave, I made it for the entire house and over time a three foot piece for over my daughters bedroom door got damaged and couldn't be used, seeing as it took longer to get the tools and put them away than it did to make a new bit, it was one of those jobs I promised my wife and daughter I would get round to.

And the other day I did, as I always keep my promises. My daughter was a little surprised when she saw it finished, seeing as she was 7 years old when I started the job, she's 24 now, and expecting a daughter of her own, 17 years of procrastination, but hey, who's counting.

·
Premium Member
5,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice. I started an intricate marble runfor my daughter when she was 5. She has just turned 7. I must get it done before she is 9.

17 years. Nice work sir :bowdown1:

·
Registered
876 Posts
lol we built a lovely outbuilding with an indoor pool, it has a swim machine, its 95% finished it just needs the electricity running to the building and filling up with water, Its been that way for 2 years now, I really must get it finished for the summer.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I have two cord-pull light switches in my bathroom. After 6 months of being here, one of them broke. I've been meaning to fix it ever since. I've been at my house for more than 11.5 years!!! Will do it before the end of this year! 100% ...

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Not me but my best mate:

he bought his flat nearly 2 years ago (February). He's been meaning to paint one wall which wasn't painted.

early this year he bought the paint. It's been standing in front of the wall ever since then...I reckon it'll be painted by 2019!

I've done too many procrastinations, but can't think of one right now.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
I've been meaning to buy a new TV for about 7 years now. The old 25 inch CRT non widescreen is still going strong lol
And up until fairly recently, probably had a better picture too!

I used to laugh at how bad early LEDs and cheap plasma were.

New OLEDs and 4K might finally be able to better it, and in the meantime think of the cash you saved!

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
Does buying a Skyline count Martin? For sixteen years I kept telling Friends, Family and anyone else who'd listen that I really liked the BCNR33's and "One Day" I'll have one.

Only my Bosses Misses wasn't shocked when I finally rocked up to Work in my very Own Skyline GT-R! When I asked Leslie why She wasn't surprised like everyone else was, She calmly responded by saying "You'd been on and on about them for years so its about time you had one Sean"....LOL!:D

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Been meaning to chase up some money owed to me by an Ex, ~£200.

This was in 2001.....

Over time, the money value meant less and less (meant a lot at the time), but the principle remains. Will still drop a reminder if I ever see her family about..

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
And up until fairly recently, probably had a better picture too!

I used to laugh at how bad early LEDs and cheap plasma were.

New OLEDs and 4K might finally be able to better it, and in the meantime think of the cash you saved!
Funny you should say that, I've always thought that of LED TV's- always seemed to have a crappy looking picture. I'm looking at 4k TV's now. I might start a thread:chuckle:

·
Registered
723 Posts
I wouldn't say longest, but for a year I knew I was paying WAY to much for my gas and electric (£120 a month) and after the renewal come in at crazy money I shopped around and its now £71! 20 minute phone call saved me over £500 a year!

·
Super Moderator
15,548 Posts
Starting to refurb the GTR in 2010 and finishing this year...starting a tuned MR2 in 2001 and finishing in 2014...

Other than that we bought our previous house in 2001, and only decorated the hall (which needed doing in 2001!) in 2014 when we needed to sell it.:chuckle:

·
Registered
907 Posts
Bought my house in the beginning of 2010 and was going to insulate loft to use as storage. Started a few weeks ago spent around 30hours so far nearly finished until I got food poisoning just waiting to get better to finish off.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I have two cord-pull light switches in my bathroom. After 6 months of being here, one of them broke. I've been meaning to fix it ever since. I've been at my house for more than 11.5 years!!! Will do it before the end of this year! 100% ...
Still haven't done it.

I haven't decorated the place either since I've been here. Been telling myself I'll do it "this year" for the past three years but I seem to find something else on the cars to spend the money on instead???

1 - 20 of 21 Posts