GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wheel alignment

Exactly what I was looking for, Mark! I don't live near a dealer, and I had to travel 100's of kilometres just for the tracking, as I had new tyres waiting to be fitted. The local wheel alignment people didn't have the GT-R in their software.

Thanks very much. The 2014 in the USA is the 2013 European model I think, but will be in any event the same as my 2012 car.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Mark - it is the same. The dealers set it, so I suppose it is for street use. I don't race her anyway. That's how I got more than 26,000 kms out of the first set of tyres.

The Nissan dealer told me that the tracking should be checked every year. I don't think it was the first year, but I am not sure. I think the tracking went off when I drove up the Pyrenees in the summer at a little more than a leisurely pace. Pulling 1.5g for a period of time does it, I think, but one only lives once. I had a bit of extra wear on the inside of the tyres, but the front only had a couple of thousand kms left in them, probably 4k on the rear, but all the tyres need changing at the same time, so there it is.

Thanks for taking the time to help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts