GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to source a front wheel bearing kit for an R33 GTST - anyone any suggestions, or know of a the nissan part numbers?

Many thanks in advance!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Bob,

I know that the 200SX S14/S15 and 300ZX run the same/similar brakes as the GTS, so maybe have the same hubs and bearings too, I would remove the bearing and take it to your local Nissan dealer and if he's a 'friendly' type he may be willing to let you compare with yours

RonS

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RonS,

Thats a real good idea - my local dealers are less than enthusiastic though. They really can't be ar*ed (unless I want to buy a new 1.1 sunny of course). However, two mins before you replied I've sourced one through HITEQ (£100 inc VAT and del).
Many thanks RonS:)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, my reaction too...I don't know what it consists of, other than the bearing. I do know though, that they're often now sold as a 'kit' and may contain some essential little seal cover or some such.
Hiteq are probably sourcing it from a supplier and putting their mark up on it - which I guess is fair enough. As I can't find a supplier I'm stuck with it.
If I had time (I work abroad a lot) I'd get it out and take it around a few bearing factors. I'm pretty certain I'd get a match for it for around £20.
Such is life.......and Skyline maintenance! :>(

PS> When I get it, I'll see if I can identify the number for future ref in case anyone else wants one.

·
Registered
728 Posts
yeah

i do agree, we are talking about skylines here, a proper kit may cost a bit more but still better than a dodgy one...... Afterall we all love our cars don't we..?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.