GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Anyone managed to find a wheel clamp to fit yet?. Or, anyone know of any good security devices that are very visible.

Cue the Rottweiler jokes :D

·
Registered
535 Posts
Hi All,
Anyone managed to find a wheel clamp to fit yet?. Or, anyone know of any good security devices that are very visible.

A device to take with you in the car or is this a At Home device or both :confused:

My GTR is on the drive behind locked wrought iron gates + Ram Raid Posts + CCTV :D .......+ I have Two Rottweilers .....lol

I will use my car for leisure time only therefore parked at Hotels / establishments with CCTV which i ask them to focus on my car if poss :thumbsup:

CJ

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A device to take with you in the car or is this a At Home device or both :confused:

My GTR is on the drive behind locked wrought iron gates + Ram Raid Posts + CCTV :D .......+ I have Two Rottweilers .....lol

I will use my car for leisure time only therefore parked at Hotels / establishments with CCTV which i ask them to focus on my car if poss :thumbsup:

CJ
It's for at home while it's parked overnight.

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
Those bollards that can sink into the floor are pretty effective? and would only take one and get it fitted spot in the middle of your exit

·
Registered
187 Posts

CJ
did anyone else think this sounds a bit like picking up prostitutes
"Leisure time" therefore parked at hotels??

·
Registered
535 Posts
did anyone else think this sounds a bit like picking up prostitutes
"Leisure time" therefore parked at hotels??
lol :D Perhaps im showing my age or perhaps the area of business where I earn my money .... hang on ... i think that sounds worse :D

What I meant to say was my GTR will be a Weekend car although during the week because I work shifts ...lol :rolleyes:

·
Registered
535 Posts
Hi All,

How about those Yellow steering wheel clamps or bars that either go around the steering wheel or through it and secure it from being driven away ??? they are very visible, it will do whilst you wait for your garage to be completed :thumbsup:

I was looking for a wheel clamp some months ago for my Brother in laws Truck and I only saw clamps up to 19" wheels although im sure someone must make bigger, I didnt exhaust my search as he purchased a steering wheel lock instead.

CJ

·
Registered
352 Posts
Thing is... if your car is the target of a skilled car theft professional, nothing can save it. The other day I read an excellent interview with a Serbian "pro" in one of our car magazines, and it was enlightening read in the sense that one can a) trust his luck or b) be paranoid and still achieve nothing as there is no system that they can't get around.

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
I thought a lot about this in 1999, when I lived in fear of a crazed chav kicking in my front door, or mutilating me at traffic lights, so he could steal my Impreza Turbo. It was bad in those days.:runaway:

Looking to the GTR, most likely risk is that stupid people will take bits off my car while it is parked, particularly wheels; so I keep an eye on it;) One valve cap has already been taken:rolleyes:

Is this car a target for a professional thief e.g. steal and send abroad? Not sure.... it's a Datsun! Plus there are plenty to buy anyway.

Would anyone nick it to do a crime? Not sure it's practical and blimey it's fragile;) You don't want a tranny failure when the boys are in pursuit.:D

So it rests with the joyrider thing I guess; i'd go for standard car security plus a tracker if you will. Perhaps more important is how you protect your house.

Ed

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
I'd worry more about having your windows smashed.

Had my driver's side tished in a few weeks ago, and the shitbag also managed to damage the rubber strip at the toop of the door.

Total cost fitted....

£1000

So I'd worry about that more than the car going astray....

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi Charles

To say this p***ed you off will be an understatement I guess. I had this done on a previous car (300zx) and was finding bits of glass for ages after so be careful.

If you don't mind me asking was it just vandalism or was the toerag after something in the car? Where did it happen?

thanks

Neil

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Liverpool city centre in a pay and display bay.

Scumbag had 6 goes at it (according to some guys nearby who heard it).

There was nothing on show (as always) but several other cars had been done further up the road that day.

Small chip in pain on driver's door and some minor scuffage to the silver upstanding plastic left of gearstick.

Cant grumble too much as Middlehursts, and in particular Linda, were as ever, phenomenal.

Had my car picked up in less than 45 minutes, and returned next day almost as good as new.

Linda thoroughly deserved her flowers and choccies......

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I'd worry more about having your windows smashed.

Had my driver's side tished in a few weeks ago, and the shitbag also managed to damage the rubber strip at the toop of the door.

Total cost fitted....

£1000

So I'd worry about that more than the car going astray....
Fek..that's crap and then some.

£1000 for side glass though! Ouch!! Proximity alarm an option?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts