GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay Lads and Lasses....I am trying to decide on a paint for my wheels. The car is going a deeper, saphire blue, but I need to decide a paint for the wheels....Black ?? Bronze ?? Anodized ?? Changing them is not an option as they weigh 17lbs a piece....
Car has 800hp...I want a worthy color !!!!!
Cheers...Kev.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
car looks real good mate. I would go with black, agressive colour with an agressive car.

James

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm assuming you're not in any major rush to get them done? As in today/tomorrow?

Let me have a play and see what i can some up with on Photoshop for you:)

·
Premium Member
4,975 Posts
Leave it alone.
Car looks good just as it is with the white/blue combo.

·
6,817 Posts
White-Alpina
or
Lack-black.

chrome?!?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
136 Posts
No more white, white wheels look their best on a white car.

Go with James' idea for an "agressive BLACK" for one bad 32!:squintdan I would also like to see a deep gunmetel depending on the Blue paint you choose.

(Both choices in high-gloss high temp quality enamel or powder-coat.)

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
whose are Rega Master Forge Wheel, just leave it white if you ask me.

the darker the car, the better white will come out. My friend use to have white wheel on black car and it comes out very well. A pain to clean though.

If you MUST change the color. Go for the R34 gun metal color, would look nice also.

·
Registered
135 Posts
As said, i've had a play with photoshop...Although the colours aren't accurate they will at least give some idea of how the car might look.

As you can see, i've deepened the blue and tried 4 different wheel colours (Black, Bronze-ish, GunMetal-ish, Bright White) If you want any more combination trying of the shades of any of the above altering just let me know:D

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the input guys. I am leaning toward a black, mabey powder coated. I've lowered the rear of the car by one inch, which did wonders. Little Richie, I am in no rush (car will be painted in a month or so), so please photoshop to your hearts content. I'll throw in a pic of my engine (which needs lots of detailing) but is the best part of the car....Keep it coming....Kev.
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/2254/pict0001tw8.jpg

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Excellent.....
Thanks for the pics. Can you darken the blue a little more, and go with the gun metal ??? Definitely the stand out in my opinion....

·
Registered
135 Posts
1 darker blue with a side of Gun metal:p :

·
Registered
135 Posts
Glad to be of help :D

Ps. Can do this for any car/wheel combo as long as you provide a side shot of the car (and wheels) like Roadies first pic.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts