GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
this happened to me ..if they are nissan locking wheel nuts you should be able to get replacements because most main dealers carry master sets... and can get replacements double quick..
hope this helps

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not sure if they are nissan ones, they were on the car when imported, i dont think the locking keys came with the car, i may have to use some kind of mould grip contraption!

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Bash a socket onto them. I had a similar issue, went to my local tyre place and they charged me a few quid to get them off.

·
Registered
95 Posts
They are usually so easy to remove they are worthless anyway. Local tyre place should be your place of choice to go.

·
Registered
670 Posts
if you can't get them off at all, undo all other bolts and drive very slowly. break one stud and have it replaced. It is a bad solution, but whenever you can't get it off, it's the final station

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have always had success with using a larger socket and bashing it into place over the nut. It should have enough grip to let you undo it.

However, on my brother's car there was one nut that simply would not come off. He drove down to the local tyre place and they just bashed a very industrial looking socket over the top and then off it came. They wouldn't take any money for it either.

·
Registered
18 Posts
reverse thread socket will take it off no prob. Thats usually what the tyre centres use.
if the nuts on your wheels are in steel made.....
you can take a steel axle 12mm or a 12mm bolt too weld them on the key nut head but please do use a electricoweld only .
then turn of with a big plier or a wrench if you weldet a bolt on the key head .
work is done without any damage but the welder should be tremble free :D
p

·
Registered
91 Posts
The title of this thread has some good advice, the removal of the lug however is exactly what you'd expect from a Vw/Porsche (same difference :) owner!

Dont do this:-

So, Dont buy a VW - Honda-Tech

Classic, almost as good a thread as the Spanish bloke who Hand filed the head on his Mitsubishi :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Have you got a pic of the actual nut (not they key)? I'm pretty sure most MOT stations, garages, tyre shops have the facilities to remove them... I had a set removed in under 30 mins local to me, for £5 a nut.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts