GTR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever tried a 9.5" x 18" with 15 offset on an R32 GTR ?

Would it fit properly?

I know people suggest 22 offset for 17's, didnt know if this offset changed with the slightly bigger wheel ?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I think it would be tight but should squeeze in. Mookistar has just put a pic up of a 32GTR with 9.5 +20 offset.

Why don't you go round to Steve's and try on the new shoes (you know you want to ;) :D )

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers for that.

Typed the details in and it said 1mm more inner clearnce and 13mm more extend from arches.....so I recon they should be fine.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was just reading the other thread where the wheels were posted. The difference between his rims and yours would be 5mm as his are 9.5 +20.

I think you can also come out a little bit more to a +12 or even a +10. Hope it helps. :)

·
GTROC Member
5,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Phil - I drove upto Steve's today and we tried them on my R32. They fit fine...trundled down his road, tried lock to lock with no visable or audiable sign of scrubage either.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Phil - I drove upto Steve's today and we tried them on my R32. They fit fine...trundled down his road, tried lock to lock with no visable or audiable sign of scrubage either.
I'm surprised, but that's good to hear. How bumpy is his road though? You might want to try it over some undulations at speed to make sure its all ok.

GTR_Cymru said:
ET12 fits an R32, see other thread for pics:
Its gotta be close though, surely. I have +22, and there isn't a lot of room around the rear arches. Mine is lowered quite a bit though, and the camber reset.

If the car is not lowered too much, as the suspension compresses you'll get an increase in negative camber, (top of the wheel tilts inwards), and this will give a bit more room between tyre and arch.

Philip said:
Mine has 18 x 9.5 +14 with 265 35s, and they wouldn't fit if it the arch lips weren't rolled.
That's what I'd have thought. Looks like I've learned something today. Is your car lowered much Philip?

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I'm surprised, but that's good to hear. How bumpy is his road though? You might want to try it over some undulations at speed to make sure its all ok.
My road is bumpier than you'd believe, I scrape my front splitter on it every time I go out/come home, so it was a pretty good test. It's also on a slope so give's a really good test of the full-lock as one side of the car bogs right down.

Trust me when I say that Snowfiend's R32 is LOW!

They fitted perfectly - but then I always knew they would!!!!:p

Steve

1 - 14 of 14 Posts