GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please don't shoot me down (old thread and all that). I am interested in what options are available to replace the standard R 33 wheels. I am going for the Abbey 348 AP 6 pot kit so I will have to be very careful finding correct fitting 17's but may look at 18s.

The design I like (as I have been studied the latest Hyper Revs magazine) are the BBs/Volks racing split rim look. The sizes recommended are 17 x 9 - 9 1/2 and 18 x 9 1/2-10.

Any ideas or experiences would really help.

THX.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
I've seen loads of APs in standard R33 wheels(not sure about the 348mm). Save yourself the money and stick to the standard alloys....

....spend it on more power;)

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks chaps, but the standard alloys I have are in a pretty bad condition and in my view don't look all that!

Dpoes anyone know what BBS or volks racing wheels will fit?

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
You're better asking Abbey that as they probably know more about it.

Have you considered Yokohama at all?? Model 5, 6 or 7s are very nice on GTRs

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Wheels

Ian. Mmmmmm good subject.

I got my AVS 5's from Abbey and got a good price on tyres as well.

Go for the biggest, fattest, brightest ones you can find :D .

No seriously a lot of the Jap wheels you can source will be lightweight so that is good. They tend to err more on the side of 17 & 18's and to be quite honest may be the best bet if you are after a performance wheel.

I got my wheels from Abbey as well as the AP kit, which is superb, so have a chat with Mark and basically tell him what you want out of a wheel. Whether that be looks, size, weight, materials he will be able to help as he has a fantastic range of mags and can source anything you may require.

Have fun I know I did.

Glen.

ps. I know power is paramount to a lot of people but looks can be as exicitng as well :smokin: .

pps. Bear i mind the BBS/Oz etc., over here come with a mercedes offset etc., so have to be 'tinkered' with, spacers etc.,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts