GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of Panasport 17" Rims,of the same design as Tiggers. Believe it or not, they came free with the car!!

Problem is, they need refurbishing,which I can do myself, but I have spent hours now trying to polish the outer rims, to no avail!!

Can anyone reccommend a good polishing shop in the South West. I live in South Wales by the way.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Nigel, as they are split rims you will have great difficulty in finding someone good and cheap....you may have to get the wheels to reading...other than that ring Gimber Motors in Penarth and ask for Dave Roberts, explain you are a friend of Lisa's and ask if he knows anyone....he is my god dad so he may be able to help as they have a big body shop there....

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx Tigger, I found out today we've got a guy in work who just loves polishing alloy for his colleagues...no really!!!!!

He's gonna have a go at one tomorrow, and see how it comes out. Next summer you will see the results, as the car will defenitley be coming out to party at one of the events!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Any joy ?

Nigel,

Did you managed to get your rims polished, as I have found a company that will refurb split rims? I have seen their work and it looks v. good. (They actually dismantle the rim, polish/treat it, and then reassemble with new bolts).

Please let me know if you're interested, and I'll pass their details on.

They are currently returning my rims to their former glory.

Fester.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts