GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

I've just had 4 new tyres fitted and unfortunately one of the wheels has had some paint removed during fitting :-(
The fitters have stated they will obviously refurb this wheel free of charge but from my experience on a previous car, just having the one wheel done doesn't ever quite match the others and then stands out.
What's your experience of having just one done or should I definitely be pushing for all 4 to be done? (which is what I have already said)
Cheers

·
Registered
9,090 Posts
I've asked this on many an occasion. Why not have two done on the same side? Why must it be four?

You can never see more than the wheels on one side at any time, and I'd be reluctant to refurb a perfect wheel

On an old evo I was contemplating bronze on one side and silver on the other. People thought it was stupid but I still don't see why.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I've asked this on many an occasion. Why not have two done on the same side? Why must it be four?

You can never see more than the wheels on one side at any time, and I'd be reluctant to refurb a perfect wheel

On an old evo I was contemplating bronze on one side and silver on the other. People thought it was stupid but I still don't see why.
I would have to agree with "people" on that one:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Would look like work in process or massive indecision.

I agree with the refurb one side but not 2 completely different colours.

If you have Gloss black, then the issue doesn't occur.

Satan

edit: You can see all four wheels if the car is parked against a mirror and you are looking down PMSL :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

·
Registered
9,090 Posts
very seriously,

if it's not your car, who is going to look at it, note the wheel colour and then walk around the corner to take another look to work out what's changed?

Even if they do, it doesn't look silly because each view stands on its own merit, so it's only stupid in your mind, not in its actual appearance.

You have to consider, if the appearance of something is stupid in your mind, but not in real life, maybe the stupidity lies in your mind!

·
Registered
356 Posts
if it's not your car, who is going to look at it, note the wheel colour and then walk around the corner to take another look to work out what's changed
i have been torn between HRE's or Rays, i could have rays on one side and HRE's on the other. result !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts