GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have trawled through the posts on the forums re: wheel refurbishing but can't easily spot any positive stories / endorsements where wheel refurbishers based in the South London / Kent suburbs have done a good job on anyone's
R35 GTR wheels.

I contacted Motorcare whom the HPC I originally bought the car from (Motorline) had previously said they sent any work to (in Tunbridge Wells) but they have now said that they are no longer doing wheel refurb work, owing to the issues with matching the colour..

Therefore I am looking for any feedback / recommendations that any fellow GTR owners have based on their own experience of having all four wheels done, closer to London preferred. I am looking for a near match to the original colour on the Black edition wheels rather than redoing them in gloss black.

Lepsons in Gillingham were mentioned but I have no experience of them...

Any help will be very gratefully received.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I used alloyart in rochford, essex, they did an amazing job 70 quid plus vat per alloy too, couldn't recommend them enough

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
I vote against lepsons, have seen varying work and have heard from several sources that they have become a victim of their own success.

I'd go for First Aid Wheels in Hampstead.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Used lepsons for my previous motor, porker turbo, and also for the misses daily. Can't fault them. Great finish/service.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I've used Rimtec a number of times with great value and results. Its a bit rundown and looks like you wouldn't want to leave your car there but my Porsche was there for a week whilst I was away and they did a full refurb on 4 18" split rims for £260. Was a few years ago mind but I always recommend them and never get any bad feedback.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Would avoid lessons like the plague.

Two different sets of wheels, both rejected on first collection. The first we're powder coated and scratched, the second we're painted and worse than when they were dropped off.

Finish had massive runs, chips in the paint and when they refitted the tyres they scratched the finish they had just painted. They are ok now but not as good as rays original finish- despite slagging rays/volks off for quality of there finish!

Go somewhere that takes pride in there work and not the volume they can shift!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
My company have used them for years now,, well at least 4 years,
We have only ever sent a couple of wheel back for different problems,
They have done hundreds over the years,
We have used other repairers, we have found these the best,
Mind you there isn't anyone who can match the colour of the 2011 wheels,

Goldie

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
Will skip lepsons than, thanks for the heads up

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
One bad review amongst lots of positive. You'll never find anywhere with that approach.
Sorry read Adams and gtr cooks, you know how reviews look, the good ones mould into each other, the bad ones stick.

·
Administrator
31,760 Posts
Exactly. People rarely give recommendation unless prompted but will tell a bad story to whoever will listen. Lepsons are still the only place a lot of us would ever use. I didn't bother to tell my bad experience of the place in Rochford.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Someone asked who to use and my experience of Lepsons on two separate occasions haven't be good. Despite relaying how picky I am about my wheels and car, the poor finish slipped through quality control on both occasions (managers words, not mine). Just poor from a recommended company. Seems it's down to luck whether you get a good job from them!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts