GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember several years ago reading a lengthily thread about the GTR's ECUs and the effects of installing bigger wheels and how at that point, it would damage the car or have a serious effect on it.

Can anybody guide me to a conversation if this sounds familiar or advise me please? I have searched a few weeks ago several times and typically, it was repeatedly fruitless.

Many Thanks

CJ

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Mismatched tyre sets cause speed sensors to read wrong, causing 4WD (ATTESA 'ECU') to engage way to much, which can kill the transfer case and creates strange driving behaviours.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I intend to fit 18" wheels and wanted to find out what the consequences might be. The cars' ecu expects 17" and I'm keen to do things properly.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Fit the same tyre & wheel size on all 4 corners and it will cause no issue.
Staggered fitment that changes the rolling radius between front and back is the main cause of issues.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Mismatched tyre sets cause speed sensors to read wrong, causing 4WD (ATTESA 'ECU') to engage way to much, which can kill the transfer case and creates strange driving behaviours.
I was wondering about my wheels
Front 245/35Z R19
Back 275/30Z R19

Would these differences cause the ATTESA to have a problem?

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
I think you can run a 5% circumference difference before the ATTESA throws a wobbler and disengages.

·
Registered
141 Posts
5% they are sensitive .

I would not think this would make the car a little dangerous to drive, just makes them normal and up to the driver to adjust to the conditions ?

·
Registered
141 Posts
5% they are sensitive .

I would not think this would make the car a little dangerous to drive, just makes them normal and up to the driver to adjust to the conditions ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts