GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have recently bought a set of R33 Brembo calipers and 305mm discs for my 200sx (Thanks again Ian).

I have been looking at 18" alloys, trying to decide which to go for, very hard work.... :eek:

I really like the BK Racing 121's but they only come in sizes up to 18" * 7.5". And I am worried that the calipers won't fit under them.

What size wheels have people got on there R32/R33's? What comes as stock too (18*8JJ me thinks).

Thanks,

John.
:smokin:

·
Registered
506 Posts
BK190

John,

As far as I'm aware my car (GTS-t, R33) is currently sitting on a set of 18*8 BK190s. I know nothing about the off set or anything else technical with respect to what does and doesn't fit. I needed a set of alloys quick while I tried to find someone to fix a damaged split rim. Gary (P) has my car at the minute and was saying something about the off-set not being right:confused: . The wheels turn and the car goes :D Isn't taht all that matters:confused:

HTH:D

·
Registered
506 Posts
Ohh and...

One thing I forgot to say was that the gusy who fitted the alloys had to file down the forge mounds (?) on the inside of the front wheels as the Brake calipers scraped the inside of the alloys other wise:eek: .

Hmmm...I'm not painting a very pretty picture here:(

·
Registered
710 Posts
John,

You should try and get a set of 8x18 for the fronts and 9x18 for the rear as these will fill the arches better. Unfortunatley you may have to go to Japan for these sizes and this will cost you more. Although Enkei RP-01's are fairly cheap.

Talat.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Stu,

I am right there with you :D Don't know too much, but am trying to learn.

I just don't want to buy any alloys and then find out that the calipers won't fit under them. I have a feeling that the 18*7.5 is going to be too small :(.

Was after 18*8, but apparently the BK121's don't come in that size. So I may have to rethink my choice of wheels...

Talat, Don't know if 18*9 will fit under the arches on the 200sx. And as you said, will be mega wonga..

Thanks for the reply guys,

John.

·
Registered
710 Posts
John,

The 9x18 will fit the S14 as I think the Option Motorsport S14 had them fitted - they also slammed it with the aid of Tein adjustables. Kiki even showed me one with R34 GT-R alloys fitted.

18's from Japan are gonna cost around £800 + VAT but I reckon you should just fit a set of 17" R33 GT-R alloys. Some drifters in Japan use this combo and it looks good in my opinion - they'll be cheaper to buy and the tyres will be cheaper also.

Talat.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
John they fitted easily under my Complete p4nts stock 17's so any 18's they will slot under no probs!

I have been informed that the BK racing stuff is very cheap and cheerrfull as I was gioing down that road myself!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Talat,

Do you know anywhere I can see he R33 GTR wheels? Would like to have a look. Have mainly seen R33's with BBS alloys on them.

I really want a set of 18's though. :D

Same with the Option Motorsport S14, sounds cool. Tried google, but it didn't some up with anything :( What is the option motorsport homepage url?

Thanks,

John.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Option sold the S14 a couple of months back when they realised that the UK spec. S14 wasn't really that tuneable compared with it's Japanese counterpart. Not sure what the URL is off the top of my head.

I've got an Option mag at home which features an S14 fitted with R33 alloys but I haven't got a scanner at the moment. I'm sure I've seen a couple on the Japanese Silvia owners club website. I'll try and dig some pics out for you.

Talat.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
18"wheels

John

Try a chap I know who owns a 200sx with 18's. His site is:
www.puresx.co.uk and his name is Dan. He done a lot of looking into this before he got his so hopefully his ground-work will save you time.

glen

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Glen,

I know Dan through the 200sx BB. Are you the glen that is going to Santa pod with him?

It is all making sense now...

John.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts