GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, does anyone know the weight of the Ultralite wheel spacers? I am looking into getting their 25 mm kit to widen the car's track, but as usual they dont provide any information on what it is made out of (aluminium, aluminium & magnesium, or even plain old steel?)

The more expensive H&R 25mm kit is around 0.7 kg each, but this is of aluminium and magesium construction, so I'd imagine a full aluminium unit will weigh more?

Thanks again

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,210 Posts
I'd try e-mailing Ultralite for the info.

Bit quick clicking send then.

Ahem anyway I suspect that the weight will vary with spacer. I did find a site with weights a couple of weeks ago but can't find it now...

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's all academic for me now, I wouldnt fancy an extra 1 kg of unsprung weight on each wheel, I will keep the track of my car standard as its more maneuverable with +30 offset R34 wheels than how it was with my old lower offset wheels.

But I guess if anyone knows should post the info on these spacers or any other accessible brand. :)

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,210 Posts
If it helps I was looking at 10mm spacers (alley) and they were about 300g.

When I swap my wheels over this weekend I weigh the spacers as they come off (the beauty of getting wheels with the correct offset!).

If you want to save unsprung weight then swap your disks for rotors with ally bells (next time you need new discs).

I also found a site somewhere which had tyre weights. Apparently there's a lot of variance there.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it helps I was looking at 10mm spacers (alley) and they were about 300g.

When I swap my wheels over this weekend I weigh the spacers as they come off (the beauty of getting wheels with the correct offset!).

If you want to save unsprung weight then swap your disks for rotors with ally bells (next time you need new discs).

I also found a site somewhere which had tyre weights. Apparently there's a lot of variance there.
Hi, well I have saved around 2 - maybe 3 kg per corner from the R34 wheel and tyres alones. The Pirelli P-zeros weigh 24 lbs for a 245x40x18 tyre, which is around 1 - 1.5 kilos lighter than the Dunlop SP9000 and the OEM Potenza RE0101

The R34 wheel is around 1 Kilo lighter than the stock R33 wheel, and noticably lighter than the 17 inch deep-dish Manarays I had

I have looked at investing on 2-peice rotors however it only saves 0.5 - 1 kilo of weight at the front only, and considering the rotors cost around £250-300 each its pretty poor value for money in the weight saving sense.

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,210 Posts
Hi, well I have saved around 2 - maybe 3 kg per corner from the R34 wheel and tyres alones. The Pirelli P-zeros weigh 24 lbs for a 245x40x18 tyre, which is around 1 - 1.5 kilos lighter than the Dunlop SP9000 and the OEM Potenza RE0101

The R34 wheel is around 1 Kilo lighter than the stock R33 wheel, and noticably lighter than the 17 inch deep-dish Manarays I had

I have looked at investing on 2-peice rotors however it only saves 0.5 - 1 kilo of weight at the front only, and considering the rotors cost around £250-300 each its pretty poor value for money in the weight saving sense.
You could get a set of rotors and bells for less than £200 without trying too hard. half the price of a set of R34 wheels for half the weight loss. I haven't looked how much stock disks cost but I'd have thought that they'd be similar cost so perhaps something when you need to replace your disks.

Of course you could fit lighter callipers at the same time which would save more weight. Of course a set of Buddyclub QFs in 17" would be a 1kg lighter each (I'll bet) than the R34 wheels. Out of interest what do the R33 and 34 stock wheels actually weigh?

Saving unsuspended weight is always harder than suspended weight!

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You could get a set of rotors and bells for less than £200 without trying too hard. half the price of a set of R34 wheels for half the weight loss. I haven't looked how much stock disks cost but I'd have thought that they'd be similar cost so perhaps something when you need to replace your disks.

Of course you could fit lighter callipers at the same time which would save more weight. Of course a set of Buddyclub QFs in 17" would be a 1kg lighter each (I'll bet) than the R34 wheels. Out of interest what do the R33 and 34 stock wheels actually weigh?

Saving unsuspended weight is always harder than suspended weight!
I take it you mean a 2nd hand set of rotors? The cheapest pair I seen are the Performance friction rotors at £485 a pair

I believe the stock R33 wheels are 10.3 KG, and the R34 wheels are 9.3 KG

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,210 Posts
I take it you mean a 2nd hand set of rotors? The cheapest pair I seen are the Performance friction rotors at £485 a pair

I believe the stock R33 wheels are 10.3 KG, and the R34 wheels are 9.3 KG
Nope brand new rotors and bells. They are available from any number of motorsports suppliers. From memory the bells would be around £60 and the rotors about £100. I think those prices might have been ex-vat though.

I weighed the spacers yesterday and they are lighter than I'd thought:

So 75g for a 5mm spacer, pretty much negligible then.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.