GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, a little clarification needed please, im looking for a new set of 18's for my R32GTR mayb LMGT4's or similliar, and im a little confused with wheel/tyre and offsets i seem to be finding so many different combo's!
Would it be better to keep the rim widths the same front and rear? and what do you think is the best rim width tire size and offset? im currently running Volks TE37's.. couldnt find an offset stamp, they're running 255/40/17 on 9" rims and seem to fit perfectly, shame i just dont like the rims <they're pristine BTW in tang gold and will be up for sale shortly
Any [clear] help greatly appreciated !!:smokin:

·
Registered
450 Posts
9 or 9.5 x 18 all round with an offset of between +12 and +30 will be fine, aslong as your suspension isnt very low, if it is you nay have slight rubbing issues, 265.35.18 the popular tyre size choice, a 255 would mean less chance of rubbing if you are very low.

Nismo recommend 9x18 with an offset of +22 on the LMGT4 I read somewhere.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Milko said:
9 or 9.5 x 18 all round with an offset of between +12 and +30 will be fine, aslong as your suspension isnt very low, if it is you nay have slight rubbing issues, 265.35.18 the popular tyre size choice, a 255 would mean less chance of rubbing if you are very low.

Nismo recommend 9x18 with an offset of +22 on the LMGT4 I read somewhere.
Thanks dude, your a star ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MADsteve said:
I run 9.5x18 +20 on Work Emotions with 265/35/18 Falken FK451's and I've lowered the car approx 2" all round and I get NO rubbing. They come right to the edge of the bodywork with that offset, too.:)

Cheers Steve ;) now THAT soundz good to me ! however, i have been told that offsets although a supposed universal spec, differ from manufacturer to manufacturer !! i'm quite keen on the LMGT4's...
Anyways, thanks for taking the time to post, i'll check out that offset !
Also, do your tyres wear on the inner edge also? i've heard its a GTR thing.. apparently u can get adjustable camber front suspension top mounts or something.. might have to check that out in the near future.. dont want to be changing rubber tooo often !!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts