GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving on motorway this afternoon at a spirited speed! then suddendely, bong, flat tyre. Pulled off the road and the front left tyre valve is hanging out of the wheel. Car is a 10 plate. Is this something that anyone else has had? Never seen a valve snap off ever in all my years of driving. Was a bit of a fright as car veered left as it happened!

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Mine snapped off where the nut went round as the valve left the rim. fell inside the wheel first lap round s/stone. Flat tyre etc within seconds...

Replaced under warranty using m/hurst whilst car was in for service.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Not very confidence inspiring. Is the valve built in to the TPMS sensor? Sounds like they need replacing every 12-18 months to be safe?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm waiting for the "sorry sir, not covered under warranty" line, tomorrow when it goes to HPC!

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
I'm waiting for the "sorry sir, not covered under warranty" line, tomorrow when it goes to HPC!
It should be - mine was replaced extremely quickly and well by Benfield Newcastle after it snapped in my hand as I was doing tyre pressures. No quibbles and Nissan just swapped it out, tyre off and on perfectly with no damage and done within an hour.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Westway in Oxford replaced the outer cyclinder on one of mine, FOC. It was cracked all the way down one side. Precursor to letting go completely. Westway only did the optimisation too; the servicing garage missed it. Amongst other issues. Anyway, I'm servicing it from now on. It ain't rocket science. :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi

I had a complete mare, was resolved amicablily in the end. Valve let go, rather than drive excessive miles and risk damaging the run flat tyre I had a temp valve fitted. HPC initially refused to replace the valve as stated I had damaged the original when replacing with a temp valve !!! Eventually with help from other forum members the garage did replace the valve FOC. NOTE - £250 to replace including fitting if you have to pay, though same device can be brought on EBAY for under £40.

From reading this thread does look that most do get replaced OK, though it is a worry that so many are letting go so dramatically.

Steve

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi

I had a complete mare, was resolved amicablily in the end. Valve let go, rather than drive excessive miles and risk damaging the run flat tyre I had a temp valve fitted. HPC initially refused to replace the valve as stated I had damaged the original when replacing with a temp valve !!! Eventually with help from other forum members the garage did replace the valve FOC. NOTE - £250 to replace including fitting if you have to pay, though same device can be brought on EBAY for under £40.

From reading this thread does look that most do get replaced OK, though it is a worry that so many are letting go so dramatically.

Steve
Nissan confirmed they will replace all 4 valves FOC :)

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Driving on motorway this afternoon at a spirited speed! then suddendely, bong, flat tyre. Pulled off the road and the front left tyre valve is hanging out of the wheel. Car is a 10 plate. Is this something that anyone else has had? Never seen a valve snap off ever in all my years of driving. Was a bit of a fright as car veered left as it happened!
Wow, glad you are ok mate. I'm shocked by this too... is this a common failure? Pretty scary especially if you happen to be travelling at speed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts