GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm running 275/35/19 winter tyres on my car all around with HKS hipermax suspension.

I get a slight squishy sound on my front right coilover when going over stiff speed bumps etc but it doesn't seem to affect the ride of the vehicle.

I'm going to get myself some summer tyres.. now, as you can imagine, it's not that cheap for decent tyres this big. I don't really mind getting them but I've been hearing a few things about not running 275/35/19 all around due to tramlining.

What are the best set ups for handling on an R33 GTR? The car doesn't handle THAT well at the moment, or at least not as well as my old impreza but I put this down to winter tyres.

·
Registered
720 Posts
get your summer tyres on it ,and get it lazer aligned that will make a world of difference, goodyear eagle f1 or toyo proxes are a good choice.

simon

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
I'm no R33 expert but I would suggest trying 265/35R18. Your set-up has a very big rolling radius and likely the total wheel/tyre weight will be high. Winter tyres will surely not help either.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got custom prodrive alloys that are real light weight. They came with the car and are really expensive! It's kind of why I don't really want to change them.

The problem I have is whether I'll end up having really poor handling with 275s all around. Definitely going to get summer tyres and have them aligned; it's just whether I switch wheels as well as tyres. I really like the ones I have though. My profile picture shows them!

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
I've got custom prodrive alloys that are real light weight. They came with the car and are really expensive! It's kind of why I don't really want to change them.

The problem I have is whether I'll end up having really poor handling with 275s all around. Definitely going to get summer tyres and have them aligned; it's just whether I switch wheels as well as tyres. I really like the ones I have though. My profile picture shows them!
What are the wheel dimensions? 19x?

Have a look at this - Rim & Tire Size Calculator. Custom Offsets - Wheel-Size.com

You can play with tyre sizes to see what fits. My immediate thought is that a 30 section 19" would be a better size.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
275/35/19" atm

I'm looking at getting some summer tyres 275/30/19 but again, just worried about running 275 all around.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts