GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know any one who refurbishes wheels to a good standard, who is local to Reading ? (other then Elite and Shadow) or anywhere in Berkshire/Hampshire. NO, DON'T WOREY, I have not curbed any of the R33 or R34 Skyline wheels.
This is for the RS 500 Wheels on the little BLUE Van !. It’s being tarted up for summer.
Cheers
Steve
Keep it on the Black Stuff
:p

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I do but I dont have the number on me, they refurbed all four wheels after my very ex kerbed them all:(

will have a look for you when I get home!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Micheldever tyres

will do it, price was about £60 per rim last time I checked (assuming not split rims). They are localish.

Rgds

Chris

·
Registered
492 Posts
Give this guy a try...

My mate Richard at Target Tyres on the Target Roundabout off the A40 running into London (Just after Northholt - Turnoff with the McDonalds) does a stunning job.

If you give him a call and say I passed on his number, he should give you an even better deal than normal. He can also supply any make of tyre at least 10% lower than anywhere else.

His number is: 0208 8458900

Good luck.

Rupert

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Hey Jimgill maybe interested in this place since the nice folk at the place where he had his new rubber put on mashed up his R34 Wheels... Then denied it...:mad:

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Number

Hey Tigg
Got that number yet ?
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Steve

try Elite wheels and tyres in Reading. Pretty damm good and only thing they won't touch is split rims.
Unlike Paul of course. He loves a split rim!!
:D :D

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I have heard that Shadow

are good. Brucey knows them well and gave me their number as well. Worth a look into both I guess

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
Split Rims

Does anyone know where to get split rims done?

I did find somewhere in Kent that would do them, then lost the number and forget the name:rolleyes:

All I could remember is the wanted 100 quid for each of my Nismo GT2's. For that they'd turn the rims on a lathe, the centres sprayed and a new set of bolts.

Anyone have any numbers??

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers

Yessum, Elite can't do RS 500 wheels to the standard that I want, but I will try Shadow. Also for feedback purposes Target Tyres reckon they can do them, but can't Powder coat the inner spokes, but can spray them, see there's more to this damn refurbishment stuff than meets the "perfectionist" eye
Cheers to all who have contributed.
Steve

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Re: Give this guy a try...

Rupert said:
My mate Richard at Target Tyres on the Target Roundabout off the A40 running into London (Just after Northholt - Turnoff with the McDonalds) does a stunning job.

If you give him a call and say I passed on his number, he should give you an even better deal than normal. He can also supply any make of tyre at least 10% lower than anywhere else.

His number is: 0208 8458900

Good luck.

Rupert
I could do with something like this on my 16's. All but one have been curbed, and the jet wash has knackered a couple of the center caps (although i could probably just replace these).

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Daz, have you thouht about getting some bigger wheels on your Pulsar? It would probably make a massive difference, and the arches on a Pulsar would probably take some 18's standard! Not doing it for the max power reasons but Im sure it would improve the road holding no end!

Rob

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Pulsar Wheels

Personally I dont think id go above 16" for the best combination on the Pulsar. Thats also what I have :p Road holding is actaully pretty good and Ive never had a problem.

As for 18's, well it appears that some people have problems going to just 17's so I dont know. It might look a bit silly on a small car aswell!

Just my 2p

Cheers
Lee

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I saw a standrad pulsar the other day in town and the wheels just looked too small. Theres a modded one near me with nice smoked alloys that look to be about 18inches and it looks sweet! Im sure the raod holding is still brilliant standard, its permanent 4WD!

Rob

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
18s/17s on a pulsar

is TOTALLY wrong. It might look bad ass but believe me it will totally shock the handling and mess us the 4wd.
I had a GTiR for about a year. Put 15s on it (best for handling), tried 17s (it understeered everywhere it went, put excess pressure on the gearbox and just genrally ruined the handling) and then settled for Anthracite 16" Racelines.
Still looked big enough, kept good handling and could get some big brakes under there.
Put it like this: STd is 14", 18" is like 4 steps up the ladder. Would you put 21s on your GTR. Nope. 18s is the next step and even if you go to 19s on a skyline then you get rubbing and handling compromise.
Looks aren't everything you know!!
Daz is right to stick to 16s and it is a real minter anyway!!

NLW

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Re: 18s/17s on a pulsar

nwelch said:
Daz is right to stick to 16s and it is a real minter anyway!!
NLW
Cheers mate.

16's in many peoples opinions (including mine) is the best solution on the pulsar. 17's and 18's really do transform the looks of the car, but 16's are without doubt the best compromise (the handling remains good, and they don't look too small).

I just need to get mine sorted as they're looking a bit tatty. Wouldn't mind having them sprayed white............

Cheers.
Daz

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
Split Rim Refurbishment.

Just sitting at work bored waiting to go home, and I decided to go through my web page bookmarks.

It was then I found what I'd been looking for for ages, somwhere that will refurbish Split Rim!:eek:

They are the only company I have ever managed to find.

Anyway there address is:

www.lepsons.com/

They quoted me 85 quid each. Not cheap but cheaper than a new set Nismo's.;)

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Wheels

Also try bath road tyres in Slough... I have had one or two sets done there and they did an excellent job on both sets..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts