GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering where all of you experts fell in love with the skyline...for me it was Gran Turismo & Gran Turismo 2 for the original playstation, man they hauled ass...this was about 2 years ago, thats right i didn't get a playstation until 2004 lol i was poor. cheers:bowdown1:

·
Premium Member
4,975 Posts
A very good friend let me drive his Bayside Blue R34.
Friendship nearly ended when I had to give the keys back :D
Hit all the right buttons.
I'm poor too so have to stick with my R32 :)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Watching the first round of JTCC back in 88 the GTS-R fighting the cossies, that car was a bit special.

·
Registered
303 Posts
wtf?

skylinesteve said:
just wondering where all of you experts fell in love with the skyline...for me it was Gran Turismo & Gran Turismo 2 for the original playstation, man they hauled ass...this was about 2 years ago, thats right i didn't get a playstation until 2004 lol i was poor. cheers:bowdown1:

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,032 Posts
High Octane said:

No more gay than the last 1/2 dozen times it has been done. lol

SteveN. What is happening with your 32?

·
Registered
624 Posts
i had a go in the very first r34 gtr uk spec model in the country (a friend of mine's dad is a car journalist who had it for a week!). the power, the feeling, and when i was that young, i thought it felt so light! was a beautiful car! but tbh, ihave always loved them. no idea why or how, but i did! :D

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Remeber seeing a REALY old Topgear where JC did a report on people buying and importing "this Jap car" as an altrentive sports car and then comparing it to a Ferrari 355, think it must have been back in the early 90's (92/93) as they had R32's.

Really wish I could find a copy of that episode, think it was just before the one where he went to Japan and test drove the Sliver R32

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,032 Posts
SteveN said:
Well I wish nothing, as I couldnt care less about it at the mo, but in reality its having a colour change.
I won't ask what colour. It a shame that you have lost interest, it shows so much promise. I am sure you'll be chuffed when it is on the road. Is the engine back yet?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Long story.. Said it before, lazy to say it again..

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
skylinesteve said:
just wondering where all of you experts fell in love with the skyline...

After I'd spent more than double the puchase price of it on modifications, upgrades and just trying to fix things.

The only option other than selling it for a heinous loss was to fall in love with it. It was a sheer effort of will, but I persevered. Now, if anyone disrespects it I simply HAVE to cut their fingers off and gouge their eyes out. I may have overshot the 'falling in love' thing to the point where it's now 'rampant uncontrollable obsession' but hey ho ne'er mind... :p

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Jim27 said:
After I'd spent more than double the puchase price of it on modifications, upgrades and just trying to fix things.

The only option other than selling it for a heinous loss was to fall in love with it. It was a sheer effort of will, but I persevered. Now, if anyone disrespects it I simply HAVE to cut their fingers off and gouge their eyes out. I may have overshot the 'falling in love' thing to the point where it's now 'rampant uncontrollable obsession' but hey ho ne'er mind... :p
LOL !!

I know that music ! :)

·
Registered
419 Posts
i fell in love with skylines when i played Gran Turismo and i fell in love even more when my cuzion got 1:)

·
Premium Member
8,090 Posts
i found out about them from playing Gran Turismo aswell,but i don't know how i fell in love with them,as before it was just like nice a Skyline,but now it's like a damn virus!!!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Whats a cuzion ?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts