GTR Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Through the Night
4,267 Posts
Saw a dark 32 GTR 32 years ago and looked evil as hell as it slinked round the traffic past me ,32's were new cars then and I had never seen one before .After that I read up on em and got a Skyline years and years later.
Nothing to do with the pc games and stuff , I never play em and this was before all that milarky .So I guess I liked the rarity value of them really.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
First car we imported in 1998 was a Skyline GTS-t. Liked it a lot.

Moved to Japan later that year and always hankered after a GT-R. Really wanted an R32 GT-R but the good ones were fetching same as r33's in Japan at the time!!!

So I got a grey R33 GT-R V-Spec in 1990... Loved it for 4 years, then discovered RX-7's, but that's another story....

Miguel.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Mine was when i played Gran turismo for the first time, i was about 7. in fact it might of even been before that, I remeber playing Le mans 24 hrs in the arcade and i remember the GTR LM edition which i really liked....

·
Registered
142 Posts
I see the R33 going about where I live and liked them but didn't know what they was.

Then I watched 2fast 2Furious and asked one day what the car was at the start because I love it and mate told me it was a 34 skyline.

Then had a drive of uncles mates and now I prefer skylines over Lambos,porsches,ferarri's etc

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
The Year 1989 in a Mercedes Benz 560SEL with my father doing 240km/h (top speed) and was over taken a UFO with 4 rings on the back and it stayed ahead of us for a good 5 mins till we had to turn off the next exit,,, "what a fast datsun" my father says, and then discoverd it was an R31 in white.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Definately after I played Grand Tursimo 2 back in 1999.
I had also fell in love with the EK9 Civic Type-R which I bought before my skyline.
Then I had to buy a GTR this year!Definatley one of my dream cars.

G

·
A car magazine that did an article on the Jamie Blandford (Aristocrat. Coke Fiend and one of the first GTR owners) who had just bought 'a technical tour de force' Skyline GTR 32.
I owned a GTR years ago and loved it. Never was one for coke or being bummed at public school but other than that I cant fault the Marquis' taste ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
when i was 15, and was taken for a ride in a gts skyline, i'll never forget that ride. and fell in love with the gtr after a stupid quick ride around oulton park, now i want one, better keep saving......

·
Registered
129 Posts
i bought a gts before i realy new what a skyline was. i was 19 and planned on selling it for proffit but when i bought it took it home and took it out the next day to impress the girls i peed my pants as the back end of the gts whipped out and then through me into the back seat as it found grip again on the straight. i still have the car and it is the one as my profile pic. i still get nervous getting into it because even though it is a gts i know it is too much car for me. but that dont stop me from looking for a gtr hahaha

·
Registered
990 Posts
playing some racing game in the mid-90s and wondering how the hell this "r-3333 silk line" thing was so damned fast and why i hadn't ever heard of it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
when I first drove one 5 years ago I started saving for one from that day on.

·
Registered
65 Posts
16 years old, 1990, lamborghinii owners club day at castle coomb.

bayside blue R32 running 550 bhp back then. the noise, the speed, the braking and the sheer look on people's faces!

'what the hell is it'....an older friend said...nissan skyline! another guy says a datsun? surely not! they were super scarce back then and it took me another 10 years to get into one! well worth the wait though.

literally mopped up the field during the open session with the big lambos lagging far behind. we are talking pre diablo days here as well.

I still smile when I see one around as had some really fun times in the GTR both in the UK and Europe. but times move on...as does technology!

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
In 1991, I went to a track day @ Castle Combe, where a private owner had imported his own, Wine Red R32 GTR. It looked so bloody gorgeous, evil and aggressive. Not to mention that it trounced everything on the track:bowdown1: :bowdown1: - - - and I'm sure the thing was standard back then, too.

That's when I knew the Skyline was for me!!!!! :clap:

21 - 40 of 41 Posts