GTR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a new GTR (UK) back in May this year. Covered 6k miles now and enjoyed every one. It was a bit of an impulse buy but has proved to be every bit as good as the reports.

However, I am well aware that there's an ideal time to sell to ensure I minimise the depreciation / servicing costs. I appreciate that some replies will say "don't sell, just enjoy" etc etc. The enjoyment factor hasn't worn off but I would like to get out before hitting major costs.

Would like to run an Aston V8, Porsche GT3 for a while just to have something different.

What are your views on depreciation on a year-old car with potentially 12k miles ? Sounds nothing on a Japanese sports cars, but there appears to be quite a few on the market with 3-6k miles.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Up to Christmas seems to achieve good residuals strangely... especially in the exotic sector. January will be not-so-good. You would have done better nearly new one of course. You will always take a bit of a bath if you buy new and sell nearly new. The depreciation curve is at its steepest then.

My view is residual values will remain pretty high as there are still so few in the UK… especially for an 09 UK car with warranty. Auotrader only had 5 private sales nationally and 40 trade. That’s precious few considering the waiting time. Finance companies are predicting £32k after 3 years and 30k miles... so that gives you a benchmark.

Good luck... (oh, and don't sell it; enjoy it!! :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
really understand, I also love GT3 and small Aston baby... but drove them all and I can not live without the massive GTR power and grip and the depreciation is so huge that I'm probably never going to sell it :)

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
I may be wrong, but I think values will hold up strongly well into next year as 2010's allocation of GT-Rs is a lot smaller than this year's, so supply of nearly new cars is going to be very restricted.

Keep it until you're bored, then tune it is my honest advice!
If you think it's impressive in standard form, just wait until you try it with £1100 worth of y-pipe and Cobb AccessPort.
Enzo performance not merely GT3/AMV8...

·
Registered
167 Posts
One thing for sure when you come to sell it will be the wrong colour, wrong time, wrong spec err too many miles etc !

Always remember 'Do not buy cars to save money' and you'll be fine :D

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I'll be selling both kidneys and my liver before I sell my GT-R.
All those trees had to die, to make the oil, to crack the petrol, for this car!
Well worth a 60 million year wait. And only £60k. Coincidence? Hmmm. :thumbsup:

Actually, I just had a thought. Its all those speculators who probably cause the price to tumble?
If we all keep our cars, and refuse to sell, you won't get one for love or money (but I'll check her out first).
Prices remain high. Genius!

·
Registered
690 Posts
My HPC has intimated two likely price increases January and as early again as April. So you could see a £63K GTR very soon. As has been said earlier there will be a lot of people seeing £63K and a long wait and a non starter if there are some immaculate low mileage cars available at £10K less.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I got told my 09 Black edition would fetch 48 as a buy back with 6K on the clock.

I would rather sell my wedding vegetables.

Kp

·
Registered
765 Posts
HPC's are giving £45k for Black Editions right now buy back...
Really, what a load of tosh, as usual.

What we have here, ladies and gentlemen, is a one man crusade to destroy the resale value of the GT-R. Why, so he can be proved right and save himself a few quid if he ever buys one again. Sad.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Really, what a load of tosh, as usual.

What we have here, ladies and gentlemen, is a one man crusade to destroy the resale value of the GT-R. Why, so he can be proved right and save himself a few quid if he ever buys one again. Sad.
I was told this just two weeks ago in a HPC:chairshot

·
Registered
979 Posts
They have a couple now, they are dealers and they will only give what they want, im glad I got out early...

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.