GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Administrator
31,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I washed, polished and waxed mine a month ago. Put it under the car cover, and haven't looked at it since.

Normally it sits uncovered on my drive, and somehow seeing it every day is enough to justify not driving it sometimes.

but becasue i haven't seen it for a month, i can feel it bubbling up inside me. I'm going to take it out tomorrow, and i'm getting nervous with anticipation. i can't wait. I think knowing i CAN drive it, but haven't makes it worse, but how some of you guys cope with a car thats off the road for months i'll never know

so, when was the last time you drove your Skyline?

Mook

·
Registered
998 Posts
my last time was Wednesday when i was late and forced to drive to work.... but apart from that was a day after i polished it which was last Saturday. Im not sure hwy i didnt take it out on the day i polished her - all shinney and looking very good...... maybe, like you Mook, just looking at it whenever i walk out the house is enough without having to drive it all the time.

The next time i drive it might not also be this weekend even though its meant to be sunny..... we shall have to see :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
how often

i drive mine every day bar saturday due to working all night ,i have garaged cars and used them only once or twice a week,not anymore though,group 20 insurance payments mean 1 thing to me drive it and enjoy.I,m 52 and still feel 15 when behind the wheel.

·
Registered
892 Posts
my R32GTR is my daily drive :)

the only way it would'nt be is if i won the lotto and then i would have to buy another daily drive probably make do with an aston martin or a lamborghini while it took a holiday to ROTA RUA....

Nigel

·
Registered
485 Posts
Were's Mattj, I cant wait to hear his responce to this thread...

Personaly i had mine out on wed afternoon, Reason: Cousins over staying for a few days & she needed bringing down a peg or two on wed moring after giving me a load of abuse as to why i refused to go drinking with her on a tuesday nite...

I enjoyed it a lot more than she did... Her Hangover + 2.0Bar Boost = :puke:

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
14th april 2009, i remember it well

it was a lovely day, crail was on and it took my fancy, i cleaned the car up good and proper, then myself and headed off to the track to watch all the corsa's and suck go crawling bye, then zoooommmmmmmm!!!!, what's this? competition!
thats it before i realise it ive paid my dues and im on the starting grid, a couple of runs in and all's well, then there it was the mkiv supra a silver one, my que to get inline
i get to the start grid and he doesnt roll forward with me, he just sits there, so a bike pull's round him and lines up with me, we go for it, neck and neck all the way. then
DEATH RATTLE!!!!!!!
it hasnt moved since, the engine has though;)
so not that im bitter about it, i will get my revenge on that bike so i will!!!!!

Alex

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
LOL - just got back from being in mine. I use it daily and while the GF is here from America, we've been doing some pretty heavy mileage in it too - 2000 miles this month! :clap:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I drove her tonight. She is covered in dust as she has not been washed for 3 weeks. Also the wheels are covered in brake dust from Suzuka, and generally speaking she is very upset with me for abusing her. But really, she loves it.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.