GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like topic says.... where and how can i get my 1990 R32GTR registered in the UK??

I live in Norway, and skylines are not roadlegal over here, unless they have been registered/ roadlegal in UK, US or a EU country.

So in order to get my car legal in norway, i have to get it legal in the uk... i am actually willing to do this....

Could anyone point me to where or how?

Thanks
Asim...

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Asim,

The registration process is very easy.

You need to MOT your car at a UK testing station.

Take your MOT, proof thet you have paid the customs import duty, fill in a couple of forms, hand in your original deregistration and translated deregistration documents.

You have to licence your vehicle at the same time and you get your registration documents through the post in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
You need to have valid insurance as well for the registration proceedings ;) Good luck with it.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hugh Keir said:
Asim,

The registration process is very easy.

You need to MOT your car at a UK testing station.

Take your MOT, proof thet you have paid the customs import duty, fill in a couple of forms, hand in your original deregistration and translated deregistration documents.

You have to licence your vehicle at the same time and you get your registration documents through the post in a couple of weeks.
How much is the import duty?
Is there any companys that could help me with the process?

Is it possible to get short term insurance? or to get insurance, and cancel it right after??

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Have you already bought the car?

If you have not, you might be better off purchasing one from the UK.

Import duty + vat + customs clearance is roughly 30% of the overall cost of the vehicle.

You may find insurance is not easy as you are not based in the UK.

If you are a trader, insurance is straightforward as you can register any vehicle without difficulty.

For a personal reguistration, you first need to get the vehicle insured using the chassis number and then get it changed to the vehicle registration number.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hugh Keir said:
Have you already bought the car?

If you have not, you might be better off purchasing one from the UK.

Import duty + vat + customs clearance is roughly 30% of the overall cost of the vehicle.

You may find insurance is not easy as you are not based in the UK.

If you are a trader, insurance is straightforward as you can register any vehicle without difficulty.

For a personal registration, you first need to get the vehicle insured using the chassis number and then get it changed to the vehicle registration number.
I have had the car for 2years... just feels so bad not to have it road legal :(

I think i will contact a couple of traders in UK to se if any of them wants to help me out with this....
I hate Norwegian government!! :mad:

Haribo: thanks for the tip...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, nice forum you got here.

I live in Finland and i'm planning to buy GT-R R32 from UK. Plan is to have a little holiday while staying there and driving my new car in UK of course. Problem is that I haven't found any information how to get insurance on my car after I bought it. I can have insurance that covers all my own damages if I crash, but insurance that covers other side in the accident is not so simple. Latest news is that I could get one from UK Customs but haven't got answer from there yet.

Do you guys have any tips how to get temperary insurance when driving car to other EU country?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts