GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope someone on here may be able to help.

I am looking to buy a new UK spec base or Premium edition car asap. I nearly had a chance at my local dealer but it al fell through at the last minute. I have read about some guys still being to buy cars at the pre increase price and ideally this is what I would like to do.

Does anyone have any contacts or ideas?

PS. I would also consider a second hand car but not with a premium attached.

·
Through the Night
4,267 Posts
Ring up all the R35 dealers,things change daily ,bet there is a good chance of getting one if you are serious and leave them a contact number.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a Middlehurst supplied UK Black Edition in DMG, done 400 miles and immaculate, in the for sale section if your interested?

·
Registered
41 Posts
there s about 20 odd for sale on piston heads some new, dont pay over list price for a new one if you do your being conned.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I have seen the cars on Pistonheads and as you have rightly said, some people/dealers are taking the mickey with the premiums.

I have missed a couple from main dealers by around 1 week but have a few more to contact yet, I also have a coupe of guys getting back to me about cars they are looking to sell so hopefully the right car will come along very soon :thumbsup:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe Andy at Middlehurst Nissan has got a couple of unregistered cars at list price. Give him a call.
Thanks David, I did speak to them and was offered a new Premium Edition at the new, higher price but I would ideally like to pay the pre rise price as this is surely what they are expecting to sell the non nav cars for.

I should add I will also consider a Premium Edition as long as the "Premium" part only refers to the spec and not the price.

David.

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Thanks David, I did speak to them and was offered a new Premium Edition at the new, higher price but I would ideally like to pay the pre rise price as this is surely what they are expecting to sell the non nav cars for.

I should add I will also consider a Premium Edition as long as the "Premium" part only refers to the spec and not the price.

David.
Why would you expect to pay a pre-price rise price when that price rise has already taken place?

There are plenty of owners who have ordered the cars post-price rise and obviously had to pay the new price and that is the correct, current price.

Sat nav cars will be £1900 more than the current prices when they come out next month.

Only those who placed deposits early got the pre-price rise price.

If you want a brand new car with zero miles and you as first owner, you don't have a lot of choices...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why would you expect to pay a pre-price rise price when that price rise has already taken place?

There are plenty of owners who have ordered the cars post-price rise and obviously had to pay the new price and that is the correct, current price.

Sat nav cars will be £1900 more than the current prices when they come out next month.

Only those who placed deposits early got the pre-price rise price.

If you want a brand new car with zero miles and you as first owner, you don't have a lot of choices...
I know of a few people that have recently purchased new cars at the old price, without having a deposit on them. Most of the cars I have been offered are cancelled orders which had deposits on them pre price rise. ;)

·
Registered
208 Posts
I know of a few people that have recently purchased new cars at the old price, without having a deposit on them. Most of the cars I have been offered are cancelled orders which had deposits on them pre price rise. ;)
I think you will find that anyone who purchased a cancelled order (at pre-increase price) was able to buy that order & transfer ownership which they were able to do with the original person who placed the deposit (Something Nissan said they wouldn't allow) but all cancelled orders that have gone back in the system will be sold by Nissan UK at the new price (and they are selling most of them) so unless you find someone who is about to take delivery but doesn’t what the Car it looks like you will have to pay the increase

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I offered my HPC a sale at the pre-price rise even when cancellations were coming thick and fast. Waited a few months, then just paid full price. In Yen or dollar terms, the car is very cheap. Compared to anything else that does similar, the car is very cheap. By trying to get a deal I delayed for a few months, and just wasted my time really.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts