GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a Carbon Fibre Dash surround for the R33 GTR, anyone know of who can do them?

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
outside the UK

I recall seeing an ad in this months GT-R mag for a company that does it over here:

Superior

though I guess that's not much help for you :runaway:

they also do loads of other bits and bobs for the R32 to R34 Skylines...

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
No offence, but Superior are awful; especially when compared to Robson stuff.
Remember that neither of them are full carbon though;
Superior stick carbon cloth to the original trim
Robson sand down the original trim, bond a sheet of carbon to it and then put several coats of laquer on it.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Bean said:
No offence, but Superior are awful; especially when compared to Robson stuff.
Remember that neither of them are full carbon though;
Superior stick carbon cloth to the original trim
Robson sand down the original trim, bond a sheet of carbon to it and then put several coats of laquer on it.
Bean :sadwavey: I tried emailing them asking how I go about buying this... no responce...

So... how do I go about buying this... is it an exchange with mine or what?

Ross

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Hi mate.
When did you mail them ? (it's been holiday season over here).

There shouldn't be any trouble with the language barrier since Nakamura-san can speak perfect English.

Normally it is on an exchange basis - but that wont work real well internationally. Probably what you will have to do is ask them to also buy the new part from Nissan prior to it being laminated.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Bean said:
Hi mate.
When did you mail them ? (it's been holiday season over here).

There shouldn't be any trouble with the language barrier since Nakamura-san can speak perfect English.

Normally it is on an exchange basis - but that wont work real well internationally. Probably what you will have to do is ask them to also buy the new part from Nissan prior to it being laminated.
It was a while back.... you actually told me to mail them... maybe they don’t want to exchange internationally.... Hmm buying a new piece....adds to the cost any way around it? Maybe they can charge a refundable core charge?

Also the carbon work you have on your car is awesome.... do they offer Carbon Kevlar?

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
RIPPMODS said:
It was a while back.... you actually told me to mail them... maybe they don’t want to exchange internationally.... Hmm buying a new piece....adds to the cost any way around it? Maybe they can charge a refundable core charge?

Also the carbon work you have on your car is awesome.... do they offer Carbon Kevlar?
Hmm - I don't know why they wouldn't reply then.
They are on holiday right now though until next week.

I doubt that you will be able to get around buying the trim piece. You could send them yours first but it means that you'll be without it for several weeks.

Thanks for the comment on mine - yes they do do carbon/kevlar....yellow or red IIRC

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Hiya bean,

Just wondered if there is an option to have a matt laquer instead of that really shiny stuff from Robson. I tried Robson but then realised it is the Obon holiday.

Gez

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Bean said:
No offence, but Superior are awful; especially when compared to Robson.
Dave, thanks for the info :) I was very impressed with the quality of the work Robson have done on yours and Gio's cars. I know where I will be going when the time comes to do mine... :)

·
6,821 Posts
Hi Bean,
I was wondering if the Robson parts are full carbone bodies or coated originals?

For the shiny laquer, I think Robson does a perfect job. The ones among you who have experience with carbone parts (bonnets, lips ex . . .) should have noticed that many carbone parts on the market are very bad laqued. Especially when you seek after them for low prices.
Non laqued kevelar-carbone dashes are looking realy unfinished . . . but with matt or shiny laquer you get the luxury finishing.

For the superior stuff , it's nice stuff if you have bought a dirty Skyline and want to change the interior for an attractive price . . .:)

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Try the other forum, Simon from Composite Designs does them and he is based in the Midlands so it will be much easier to do the exchange.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Robson stuff looks fantastic...but if its not real carbon, couldn't you just get someone over hear to cover the dash in carbon cloth??

Being half way across the world is really putting me off

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
simon will layer your parts in carbon and laquer them and quality looks good, maybe not upto robsons standards but will be at least half the price!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
maybe we could do a group buy???? I wouldnt mine done as well.

If i remember correctly Miguel of Neweraparts has something similar on his site. Maybe its from the same people??

Gez

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
sent a pm and e mail to simon, will let you know what he can do. I want a few interior bits done and sure we will get a good deal on a group buy, i am happy to sort it as have spoken to simon a few times about doing some bits!

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cardiff R33 said:
sent a pm and e mail to simon, will let you know what he can do. I want a few interior bits done and sure we will get a good deal on a group buy, i am happy to sort it as have spoken to simon a few times about doing some bits!
Cheers mate, let us know what he thinks...

1 - 20 of 52 Posts