• On the street

Votes: 21 10.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now I'm considering a Skyline, I've got to consider the agro factor of people trying to half inch it or vandalise it. I live in a fairly friendly area but nowhere is perfect.

Do you garage your cars overnight, have them on a private drive, park them next to a hungry rottweiler or what?

For what it's worth, I'll be considering an R33 GTR.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I'm sure you can get them in the UK also, but I've just fitted a GPS tracker to my car that is monitored and they will call me on my cell as soon as the car is moved or the alarm is activated.

It's peanuts compared to the hassle and although it's not fullproof it certainly gives you a better chance of getting up and still having your car where it should be !

JMHO

Fraser

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
I agree

And do not disclose what type of security you have fitted. Why give the little tealeafs a head start!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
would love to put it in the garage but it is too much hassle try to get out of the car as it is so big.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I NEVER park my GTR in the public unattended.

It is always locked up in a private garage with full security whenever I am not driving it.

The only way people can steal my car is to hi jack it with a gun point to my head or to break in to my garage while I am sleeping.

Jeff

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I leave it in my pants - well, not always... ;)

I've found out by experience that it's not safe to park expensive cars on the road; the thieving b*stards break into your home, nick the keys and drive away. So, guess what I do now : I drive a Renault Twingo for every day use. It's in front of my house. Nobody wants to nick it. The rest is secret, sorry :p

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I drive a Renault Twingo for every day use. It's in front of my house. Nobody wants to nick it. The rest is secret, sorry :p [/B]
He he no worries, I didn't expect anyone to let out their secrets, the poll results and a rough guide if what is wise is all I was after!

Sounds like I'd better fix the garage door then ... :smokin:

... so what happens if you go to the shops? You have to leave it in a public place then (if it's your only car and you needed to drive there).

the thieving b*stards break into your home, nick the keys and drive away
My car keys are with me always, even if the car isn't, for this very reason! At night I have them by the side of the bed ...

·
Registered
961 Posts
i own a volvo its old and its got scars but noe i put a hifi speakers its a different car , its like its worth somthing
befor there wasnt a thing in it now the radio it like a becon for the scum.
but my freind with a ford seierra lowered ,sub ,hifi ,and other bits as well as nice alloys has the worry of something breaking into it or just vandaling it , my freinds car a bluebird he could leve it unlocked it like its not a car just an obsical that you walk passed/around without a thought!
he dosent worry at all but the ford owner he dosent want to park it anywher he cant see it !

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Kingsley

At the day they broke into our home to get the keys, it just so happened that the spare keys were in the living room. The last couple of weeks before, the alarm went off frequently, so we figured that we leave the spare keys there so that we wouldn't have to search for them in the middle of the night. Usually, I take them with me as well; also into the bedroom, where I have also taken precautions just in case they will go a step further and visit me in the bedroom. We think that's what might have happened if they hadn't found the keys earlier. Anyway, earlier this year the police found back parts of the car (front + back seats, 6-CD player with my CD's in them, and other bits and pieces). According to them it was/is a gang who nicked cars to sell them on to hard-line criminals to use them as fast escape cars.
So, I guess the point is that you should take appropriate measures to protect your car, including things like tracker/GSM, stealth device, hijack protection (Clifford), the what I call Alcatraz" solution (mechanic solutions like heavy iron bars in front of the door with these special steel locks that take a lot of time to get rid of them) etc. And even then, you can't be sure. But in case you don't take these measures, you're the Weakest Link and you know what happens... say GOODBYE to your car !
:mad: :(

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Jeff

First they stole my RS-blue Audi RS2 in Oct 2000,
Then they stole my Audi RS4 in April 2001 :mad: I've driven less than 5000 kms in it..

Andre.

·
Registered
895 Posts
my gtr is in my garage always with a big fookoff ram bar right across the doors,video camera on 24 hours aday and alarmed, immobilliser, an trackered..
i imported a new evo 6 in 99' and had it one day it was on my drive as i was having my garage built at the time,had no alarm but had just got tracker fitted that day....the theiving scum broke into my wifes car to move it out of the way an bolt cropped the big chain on my front gates to have 20 mins of fun before the police got it back.......with £13000 worth of damage.....nice
the worse thing was the evo was booked in for the alarm the next day
lee

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
skylinelee said:
my gtr is in my garage always with a big fookoff ram bar right across the doors,video camera on 24 hours aday and alarmed, immobilliser, an trackered..
i imported a new evo 6 in 99' and had it one day it was on my drive as i was having my garage built at the time,had no alarm but had just got tracker fitted that day....the theiving scum broke into my wifes car to move it out of the way an bolt cropped the big chain on my front gates to have 20 mins of fun before the police got it back.......with £13000 worth of damage.....nice
the worse thing was the evo was booked in for the alarm the next day
lee
waz it insured?

what the do to it to rack up that much in damages?

·
Registered
895 Posts
yes m8 it was insured thank god....
damage was caused to all the front end
all 4 doors
the police only stopped it when they used a stinger
i was heartbroken........but it made way for my gtr :D

·
Registered
492 Posts
I keep mine well hidden...

I keep mine in the corner of a main service area of a BMW dealership under a dust sheet. The whole place is alarmed and as secure location as I could find.

Rupert

1 - 20 of 49 Posts