GTR Forum banner

Where is the hard drive mounted?

4K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  misters3 
#1 ·
Anyone know where the hard disk is mounted?
(Save me having to hunt for it and end up taking more of the car appart than needs be).

Cheers!
:)

#3 ·
I'm looking at swapping it for a bigger one. And if I can take it out, I can put MP3's at 320kbps on it before putting it back in, to get around the crappy sampling rate if you let it record CD's for you.

I have a 16gb memory stick plugged into the USB port, full of music at 320kbps, but I would like it to be all internal, and possibly to have some other media on it too.

But if it is too much like hard work, I won't bother.

Thanks
:)

#6 ·
Hard drive is in AV control unit in front of gearstick. Access isn't that easy but can be done with care.

Search over at NAGTROC and also see the thread here from last year.

Can't find it yet as I'm on me iPhone so do some digging yourself

CC

#11 ·
I've tried a WD 160gb external USB drive (an old one), FAT32, various partition sizes. Didn't like it at all.

Given that 32gb sticks are stupidly expensive compared to 16gb sticks, I might try plugging a 2 port USB hub into the USB of the car, and then plug 2 x 16gb memory sticks into that. Wonder what will happen? LOL

#13 ·
I work for a huge online IT company. I am sure I could get some nice GTR ons made up in black with a GTR logo on it for peanuts. I think about £39.99.

If anyone is interested I will have a word with the mods and put them up for sale in the GTR shop.

Kp

#14 ·
What size KP?

What make would you use? I've gone for a Corsair one because it's the smallest one i could find. Saying that if you could find one which was made a right angles, i'd pay up for that too. You know so that it wasn't suspended and liable to damaging the slot if accidentally knocked.

Ta

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.