GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Within the not to distant future, i intend to buy a Skyline and i am after some advice. I am probably looking around the 12k mark price wise so i guess i will be looking at R32 or maybe early R33. I am realy looking for reccomendations as to the source of the car, especially as it will be an import, and what to look out for. Of course i may be way of the mark with regards to the price, but going by the guide on this site, 12k should see enter the GT-R club. I may be wrong as i still unsure of all the different models availible. Any help would be apprecaited.

Cheers Clong

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Clong,

Buying a GTR is not that difficult, just make sure you do a bit of research first. You might want to get an insurance quote first as these have gone up a bit of late and could hit your pocket pretty hard.

Once you've found the one you want you need to be sure of the background and pedigree. S&E Motorparts will complete a chassis check for anyone wishing to import a Skyline or for ones that already exist over here. They can't always guarentee to get you a definitive answer but they are definately worth a call. Go to http://www.separts.co.uk and find "News" then "Chassis check".

Happy hunting:)
John

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess what i am really asking for is whether or not 12K is a reasonable price for skyline or i am just wasting my time? Would i be able to get a Skyline gt-r for this money? And if so would be any good.

Insurance wise i am not too worried about since i intend to use for limited mileage only, and although it is in a different league to my current car (200sx, modified) i am used to high premiums.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Prices

£12k will buy you an R32 with ease. You should also be able to get a R33 (with some good haggling) at that price too. I was in a similar position to yourself and although I could have stretched my budget and got an R33, I've always had a soft spot for the R32 and hence got one of these instead.

I saw a nice R33 (with 18" Volk wheels) in the autotrader the other day for £12,995. If it's an import then try and get the auction sheet off the dealer/seller to verify mileage/condition as well as doing your normal checks.

Talat.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks chaps - just what i wanted to hear. I will have a good scout around first i am not in hurry (plenty of fun left in the 200 yet), just wanted to confirm that i could buy a slice of the jap legend before i looked at it seriously.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts