GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been doing some digging on this and have come back with one company that seems to offer a top quality job
http://www.rustmaster.co.uk/index_35.htm
They seem to offer a very good service and even though the car will not be used in the winter and only driven on dry days i want to make sure it is well protected. At around £550 and a trip to London from the Northeast its quite expensive though :confused:
Can anyone recommend this company or any others that are as good?

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Umar and I did both our cars in a mates garage and it took less than a day. That includes the whole underside and waxoyl inside as well. Heck of a lot cheaper than £550!!!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fuggles said:
Umar and I did both our cars in a mates garage and it took less than a day. That includes the whole underside and waxoyl inside as well. Heck of a lot cheaper than £550!!!
So how much you charging then mate? :p
Mark if i start i'll be there for a week making sure i cover every square cm twice cos im a worrier when it comes to cars, especially one in as good nick as this one is, i wanna keep it that way!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Alright Jon,

Go to Honda Springfield, Wessington Way, Sunderland,

Did my 33GTR, and the father in law's 32GTR for £40 each.

Obviously we supplied our own Waxoyle.

You'll need to speak to Dave the service manager.

Hope this help's.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Waxoyl

Any decent garage should be able to offer you this service. Best to get the underside of the car steamed off 1st & left to dry for a few days, then waxoyl it.

It may be better if you take ur trim off on the inside urself - saves expense & any damage !!

:)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
markieboi said:
Alright Jon,

Go to Honda Springfield, Wessington Way, Sunderland,

Did my 33GTR, and the father in law's 32GTR for £40 each.

Obviously we supplied our own Waxoyle.

You'll need to speak to Dave the service manager.

Hope this help's.
Thats cheap mate!! Was it a good job and did they do all the hard to reach area's, such as behind trim and wheels arches?
Cheers for the help lads!

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
get a garage with a hoist, brush off dirt n crud underneath. If you can waxoyl it with a air compressor hose thingy (they usually just screw onto the waxoyl tins) then just give the underneath of the car a good seein too concentrate on the thin tin-like parts as they'll rust quickly. be careful about getting any on the exhaust but try and get around it. I did the entire underside of mine ...all the struts and everything. I gave 40quid to scotty in hexham for the use of his hoist for the afternoon and the waxoyl cost 30quid too and furthermore, I had a right laugh getting covered in black goopy gunk haha! (ooh yes make sure you get the black waxoyl stuff - the clear stuff is naff I'm told)

just looked and seen your in the northeast - get over to scottys in hexham when he's got a quiet afternoon he'll be happy to help if you throw him a bit of cash for the use of it. hell gimme a shout and i'll come over n help - very messy job :

oops just looked and this was posted in march - did you get it done in the end?

·
Registered
442 Posts
GTR Jon said:
Thats cheap mate!! Was it a good job and did they do all the hard to reach area's, such as behind trim and wheels arches?
Cheers for the help lads!
We did the prep ourselve's first, cleaned under trim's and the such like. Like Anthony said give it a good clean down and brush off, Basically that was all we had to do, Springfield did the rest, inc wheel arch's and trim.

Oh you'll need thinner's as well.

Don't think the colour really matter's. Clear or Black.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
anthonymcgrath said:
get a garage with a hoist, brush off dirt n crud underneath. If you can waxoyl it with a air compressor hose thingy (they usually just screw onto the waxoyl tins) then just give the underneath of the car a good seein too concentrate on the thin tin-like parts as they'll rust quickly. be careful about getting any on the exhaust but try and get around it. I did the entire underside of mine ...all the struts and everything. I gave 40quid to scotty in hexham for the use of his hoist for the afternoon and the waxoyl cost 30quid too and furthermore, I had a right laugh getting covered in black goopy gunk haha! (ooh yes make sure you get the black waxoyl stuff - the clear stuff is naff I'm told)

just looked and seen your in the northeast - get over to scottys in hexham when he's got a quiet afternoon he'll be happy to help if you throw him a bit of cash for the use of it. hell gimme a shout and i'll come over n help - very messy job :

oops just looked and this was posted in march - did you get it done in the end?
I didnt post this in march, thats when i joined :p Cheers for the info lads. I'll have a think and let you know what i decide to do! Cheers for the offer too Anthony! You might wish you never said that :)

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
haha no probs mate - I'll be happy - still got my gear that I used to waxoyl it as no doubt I'll be under mine again in a year or so to top up hehe! I looked like I had leprosy for a week tho with all the black smudges and tar spots :p

I need to get mine on a hoist again to attack the arches really anyhow so will prob be at scottys some wkend soon esp. with the naff weather comin back in :/

Its not a massive or difficult job - just very messy really. pm me if yer headin down any wkend soon - be nice to meet ya :) In fact I think dave (mava_rules on here) might be up for waxoyling his too - we could hold a waxoyl party!! congas etc hahaha.. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts