GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok wheres all the gt35 minters hiding???
went to test-drive this car today and was assured it was pure mint Used Nissan Gt-R from Stratstone

as you can see from the picture it does look bloody lovely and was very excited to see it. drive 1hr50mins to the garage for the test drive and when it was brought round i was rather pissed off to see the condition it was in.
now I'm a pure polisher in the car scene and certainly wasn't expecting wot i saw.
1 chips on 2 calipers
2 weights on the wheels had been removed and sticky back left all over them
3 boot interior/plastic was shabby
4 the guttering under the boot was full of black sticky stuff
5 grass growing by the windscreen wiper stalk
6 shabby paintwork
7 bell housing rattled more than a junkie
8 wheels needed a refurb
was very put of by this bad first experience

on the plus side
1 the drive was fine
2 my 4yr old daughter fitted nice in the back in here recaro seat.
3 wife was ok in the back behind me

was really put off by this i just hope a mint one comes along so it can have the evogeof love :chuckle:

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
They are generally owned by people on here that like to own an R35 but either can't afford to drive it or believe it should be pampered and not used for what it's designed for.

Occasionally one comes up for sale that's low miles, lived in a garage and never apparently gone over 5,000rpm.

These are the ones you need to keep your eyes out for.

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are generally owned by people on here that like to own an R35 but either can't afford to drive it or believe it should be pampered and not used for what it's designed for.

Occasionally one comes up for sale that's low miles, lived in a garage and never apparently gone over 5,000rpm.

These are the ones you need to keep your eyes out for.
I'm one of those people who want one to pamper and show it, I've a few ideas in the engine bay but not many parts been developed yet, i like bling :chuckle:

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
That's the problem you're going to face, you're looking to buy what most would class as a fast-road/race car (and use it as such) but looking for a one not treated like one.

I'm not saying what you're doing is wrong, not even close! I'm just saying you'll probably find it more difficult as time goes on.

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's the problem you're going to face, you're looking to buy what most would class as a fast-road/race car (and use it as such) but looking for a one not treated like one.

I'm not saying what you're doing is wrong, not even close! I'm just saying you'll probably find it more difficult as time goes on.
I'm sure theres a cherished one out there somewhere, missed a 09 the other week with 750 miles

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
But would you want a car that's only done 750 miles in 5 years?

I don't personally know but from those in the know they say a well used and maintained car is better than a once sat and done nothing.

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
What about theblue MY 2011 car, stage 4 plus downpipes 17k miles for less than 50k on here..

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts

·
R35 Section manager
11,261 Posts
Your going to find it very hard to find a used mint car as the 35's are prone to stone chips. Buy new if you want a car in mint condition as most cars won't live up to the standard you want.

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Your going to find it very hard to find a used mint car as the 35's are prone to stone chips. Buy new if you want a car in mint condition as most cars won't live up to the standard you want.
can't afford new and I'm not selling a kidney :chuckle:

·
R35 Section manager
11,261 Posts
can't afford new and I'm not selling a kidney :chuckle:

I think your going to struggle with this as most cars have some kind of blemish on them.

How much have you got to spend?

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
What's the going rate for a 45 year old kidney these days, i want more torque!!!!!

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
The problem is the prices have gone up over summer so the mi***324;ters you were looking at months ago are now more expensive bringing the not so mint ones up in value.....

I'm now in the same boat as you, want to spen my money on an r35 but know I'm going to be looking for a unicorn :(

1 - 20 of 168 Posts