GTR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Micra is the OEM fitment (for the R34 at least)

I have an Optima red top that I am happy with.
Needs a battery tender if you don't use the car much though as they don't like to be run flat

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
i have an optima yellow top. it will need charging if the car is not used for 3-4 weeks, maybe more sometimes (not sure why). the good thing with nthe yellow tops is that they can be run flat and recharged without damaging it. the yellow top is a deep cycle bettery and i thoroughly recommend them. quite small too. not cheap though.
:nervous:
kev

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I have a micra one, starts everytime, it only went flat when I stupidly left the sidelights on when the turbo timer was on. Recharged and fine. I will probably invest in a battery relocation kit and stick it in the boot with a bigger battery.

But dont know what to fill the empty space with.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Just curious, does anybody use Braille batteries?
I'll be looking for a new battery soon as well and have heard good things about them.

Justin

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
does anyone know the battery number for the r32 gtr battery, or the micra one that fits. thanks
Not off the top of my head. You can go into Halfrauds can use their little look up chart thing (for the Micra). Might be worth considering one of their batteries as some come with a 5 year warranty. Given the usual lifespan of one of those tiddlers on a GTR you could probably swap it over a couple of times over 5 years.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
hello peeps. searched some threads about batteries and found this one.

does the optima battery for r32 needs relocating or just remove the undertray from the standard battery?obviously the optima is bigger.

is the optima yts2.7j the right model for the r32?

thanks in advance :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts