GTR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right time has come to get some new wheels for my 33 GTR.

Now first choice are the BBS LM reps Rota do called the GTLM's. Have always loved the BBS's and would have them if i could afford them. Think they do a lot for the 33gtr. Anyway so i gave rare rims a call to get a quote on the GTLM's.

See what you think, I would have them in the hyper black:

Rare Rims | Rota Wheels UK

Anyway was chatting with Ben from there, very helpful indeed, and he mentioned they have these coming into stock which i may be interested in Linea Corse Z2s:

WheelDude.com | ** IN STOCK ** Linea Corse Z2S 19x8.5/9.5 - BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum - E90Post.com

So im now in 2 minds. Both within my price bracket but not sure which ones. Still swinging towards the Rota GTLM's but thought i would see what you guys think. Might be too much dish for me and too much like the Ultralite nur’s which everyone has these days.

My cars gunmetal silver and am quite keen to have the inserts gunmetal, not black, to work with the car.

Let me know what your thoughts are. Also 18's or 19's? cars not going to be tracked.

Any thoughts & suggestions welcome

Many thanks

Wills

·
Registered
196 Posts
I would choose the rota mate. Classy look without the bbs price tag. However, you'd need a serious set of hubcentric spaces to fill the arches with the wheels having an et of 43.
To fill the arches properly on an r33 gtr you want an et of 10 to 12. So even with a set of 25mm spacers you'd only get an et of 18.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
19's if not being tracked... What I've gone up to and the difference in look between my old 18's & the new 19's is far bigger than I thought but I love the way it looks now.

I prefer the Linea's but you'll need 25mm hubcentric spacers on the et35... The et43 offset on the Rota's is a bit ott even with spacers.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome, thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated. To be honest i need it as im not the most technically minded chap.

If i went for the 19x10 et 43 Rotas would a wider wheel compensate for the 18 offset after spacers? or am i just going to be putting too much strain on drivetrain & it not making any differance etc...

thanks again

·
Registered
196 Posts
As far as I'm aware, the width of the wheel will not affect its et number. Gt garage are bringing out a bbs lm replica with an et 10. I'm still waiting to hear back on an availability date but I'm holding out for a set of these.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey ads,

ok great that makes sense. Yes saw GT garage were going to do some reps but im keen to get some new wheels and i know they are taking their time. Any idea on when they may be available?

Also just looking at these and thinking they could work. LC 808's Thoughts please?

19x8.5F, 10R Linea Corse LC808 - Hyper Black w/ Polished Lip Wheeldude.com - Professional wheel dealer.

& on a new 3 series. Linea Corse LC808 wheels on 2008 BMW e90/e91/e92/e93| WHEELDUDE.COM

Think they will give it a look a bit like the blitzspeeds do!!?

Decisions.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Just to throw another variable into the mix, try and get the lightest wheels to reduce un-sprung weight. This list may include the ones you're looking at:

WHEELWEIGHTS.NET

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hey ads,

ok great that makes sense. Yes saw GT garage were going to do some reps but im keen to get some new wheels and i know they are taking their time. Any idea on when they may be available?

Also just looking at these and thinking they could work. LC 808's Thoughts please?

19x8.5F, 10R Linea Corse LC808 - Hyper Black w/ Polished Lip Wheeldude.com - Professional wheel dealer.

& on a new 3 series. Linea Corse LC808 wheels on 2008 BMW e90/e91/e92/e93| WHEELDUDE.COM

Think they will give it a look a bit like the blitzspeeds do!!?

Decisions.
Fraid i don't know when they will be ready. Hoping sooner rather than later as i've been waiting ages for these!
The 808s are very nice, definitely get them in 19x10 though and with 20mm hubcentric spacers they'll fill the arches very nicely indeed ;)

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fraid i don't know when they will be ready. Hoping sooner rather than later as i've been waiting ages for these!
The 808s are very nice, definitely get them in 19x10 though and with 20mm hubcentric spacers they'll fill the arches very nicely indeed ;)

No worries, why dont you go for the Rota ones yourself? they are as good a replica as you will get. Also check out the Linea Course Lemans wheels. another good rep.
Yes these 808's do look good, but would the look as good as the lm's!! Right i will try and photoshop them.....or deligate someone to do it for me as keen to see them on a 33.
Cheers buddy.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Here are my old ones, they had 265 tyres on though instead of 275, and they were 30/r19 Falkens all round.

Had 20mm spacers on and didnt notice any difference in handling. I should of got some cusco lower arms though as the tyre thread would of wore out on the inside of the wheels, but they aint much ££££.

Never had any issues with any cracks, laquer peel or any other horror stories you sometimes hear. Ive had 2 sets of Rota wheels now for my (old) GTR, the other ones being white 18" Rota GTR's and they were spot on too.

Im hoping to have some Hyper Black GTLM's on my Supra in the next few weeks, max.

:smokin:

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@ Boosted, overnight i have done a bit of a u-turn on these after various comments so going to hold out for some better ones. Seen too many of the Nur's and just not doing it for me, like the staggered dish on the LM as suppose to this style.

Nismo-gtr, really do love the wheels on your old gtr, looks awesome. They dont seem to have them in a good offset at the moment so waiting for some to appear. Where are you getting your hyper black GTLM's from and in what size?

cheers
Wills

1 - 15 of 15 Posts