GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To the lads that to track days, what brake fluid are you using?

Just want to get an idea of what's most used.

At Knockhill yesterday I ran out of brakes a couple of times. Foot to the floor sort of stuff. I think the car is still running standard fluid which would explain why, pedal for general use is firm until you start to push it and it just get softer. Doesn't inspire confidence. So fluid and braided lines are on the to do list

·
Registered
1,883 Posts

At Knockhill yesterday I ran out of brakes a couple of times. Foot to the floor sort of stuff. I think the car is still running standard fluid which would explain why, pedal for general use is firm until you start to push it and it just get softer. Doesn't inspire confidence. So fluid and braided lines are on the to do list
Dont focus on the brand only. The most important thing to look at is; Dry and Wet boilingpoints.

I prefere Wet over 150C and Dry over 300C. It should cover your needs for a trackday car :)

·
Registered
2,404 Posts

Used this for years: Gulf Competition RF1000 racing brake fluid

Best bang for your buck by a mile, I also used the Brembo LCF600+ for along while but much more expensive and the Gulf performs just the same on all my track days.

205 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
I've been using Fuchs pro race in the Evo without issue but I just ordered Motul RBF600 for both cars and it has a bit better spec.
That and XP12 for the Nissan before I track it :)
I was on track with you a couple of times yesterday Jason but never bumped in to you otherwise, you were going well :cool:
J

·
Registered
59 Posts

Jason

I was at Knockhill, dirty white GTR, running Motul RBF600, DBA 5000 rotors(not T3), Pagid RS29(60-70% worn at start of day), still managed 25+ laps at end of day without brake failure, next on list is braided lines. Best switch is to better fluid.

Rotors have seen off 2 sets of pads so far, set 3 on the way.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jason

I was at Knockhill, dirty white GTR, running Motul RBF600, DBA 5000 rotors(not T3), Pagid RS29(60-70% worn at start of day), still managed 25+ laps at end of day without brake failure, next on list is braided lines. Best switch is to better fluid.

Rotors have seen off 2 sets of pads so far, set 3 on the way.
Cheers mate. Kind of spoiled it a bit for me. I new the standard fluid would struggle, but I didn't expect it to go off as quick as it did.

The stopping power was defo there but the lack of pedal feel made it tricky to get it right.

·
Registered
59 Posts
2 sets on the 5000 DBA rotors?? And did you use RS29 each time? If not what other pads did you use previously? Just curious, that is really good for any discs :)
First pads were Dixcel Z, then RS29 much longer life.

Discs probably need replacing on closer inspection, will probably go with DBA and RS29 again with braided lines.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Where you looking to speak to us at Knockhill? Our camera man Neil said someone was looking for us, but we didn't seem to catch up with them....

Well we can help with the DBA, you know you can just change the rotor and keep your bell? And use the the T3 design. Even stronger than before. And pads we can highly recommend RS29's usually on the shelf, or you could try a set of the Carbone Lorraine RC8's Keith tested at the weekend??
Hoses we use Hosetechnik or the Goodridge are little more expensive.

Let me know when you are looking and will make you some prices.

Rich

·
Registered
59 Posts
Where you looking to speak to us at Knockhill? Our camera man Neil said someone was looking for us, but we didn't seem to catch up with them....

Well we can help with the DBA, you know you can just change the rotor and keep your bell? And use the the T3 design. Even stronger than before. And pads we can highly recommend RS29's usually on the shelf, or you could try a set of the Carbone Lorraine RC8's Keith tested at the weekend??
Hoses we use Hosetechnik or the Goodridge are little more expensive.

Let me know when you are looking and will make you some prices.

Rich
Yep. Spoke to Neil, then run out of time/fuel.

Will let you know when looking for replacements.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Castrol SRF for me. Stock stuff went horribly squidgy after a few laps - the SRF doesn't. ime. see sig for brakes.
Switched to SRF on my lads porker too with similar results.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts