GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Which pads would you recommend for an R32GTR (fitted with R33GTR Brembo's)? I'm looking for something suited to track use & hard street use, but don't have to get hotter than the surface of the sun in order to work!:D

Endless? Project Mu? Ferodo?

How much should i pay?

Thanks
:)

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Pads

Hi m8,

Ferodo DS2500 shouldn't cost more than £130 for a set and they make a huge difference over standard.

Kev

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Ferodo DS2500 for road use and a set of DS3000 for track use.

Not founf the DS series to be squeaky either ... which is a bonus :)

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Not tried the Greys yet Hugh. I've gone for the DS3000s for mainly financial reasons, had some sponsorship for Time Attack if I get in... plus I've always heard good things about them apart from the debris they leave behind.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Just had some new DS2500 added 200miles back and they are squeaking...
Maybe just a spirited drive will get rid of it! Could be dirty/old discs :confused: though they are drilled too :rolleyes:

·
Registered
627 Posts
For road use, DS2500's Again...no question.
Gravesky, don't worry about the squeeling its perfectly normal on these pads.
Maybe they should supply shims on the pads, just a thought?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
SBS (from questmead) are the best pads I`ve used by a mile (AP 6pots). I`ve tried Mintex 1144 / 55 / 66. Ferrodo DS2500 / 3000. Pagid 4-2-1 / Blues / Greys.

If you want a pad that works from cold, that does not fade, that does not leave ridiculous dust residue, that does not squeek that lasts multiple track days and is reasonably kind to the disks*, oh and costs around 160 for a FULL SET (frt & back).

With regard to the disks, I did add cooling ducts directly to the eye of the bell, as before this I did get some surface crazing. Because the pads do not fade you `may` be able to overheat the disk without the cooling......all IMHO of course

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I have the Brembo F50 Brake Conversion on my car, would most of the above mentioned pads fit?

im not sure what i have on at the moment and im getting a bit of squeeling.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Peter said:
Not tried the Greys yet Hugh. I've gone for the DS3000s for mainly financial reasons, had some sponsorship for Time Attack if I get in... plus I've always heard good things about them apart from the debris they leave behind.
Tried them three years ago, not much better than 2500's on a tight track.

Think I got three laps of Knockhill before the brake fluid boiled against 2 laps on the 2500.

Still got the part worn ones in garage free to anyone that wants to collect them.

Pagid anything is good for me but grey's have fantastic grip and feel and are for me the best option to date.

Not heard of SBS before, don't know that I'd want to experiment again, the cost of new discs and the pain of warped ones is pretty vivid for me.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Endless CCX, squeal a fair bit but great braking! A bit more expensive than the rest (about £120 for a front set) but are meant to last 2 to 3 times longer.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the responses :)

Where would you recommend i get prices for the Endless CC-X / CC-R's and the DS2500?

;)

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
SBS REALLY are that good. No judder, no warping, no uneven deposits. Lovely feel that gets better with temp. As stated above, you do need some form of additional cooling.

I`ve just gone back to DS2500 (as I got a set free) and guess what, 200miles of road driving and old wobble is back.

I honestly can`t recommend them enough. Chris - I would normally agree completely but not in this case!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Luffy said:
I have the Brembo F50 Brake Conversion on my car, would most of the above mentioned pads fit?

im not sure what i have on at the moment and im getting a bit of squeeling.

i went out last night and for the first time i put the car through its paces or should i say my paces and my limits which were no where near the cars, the brakes felt alright but i feel they could be better so does any one know the answer to my above question.

thanks!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts