Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at getting for my GTR:

1) Reimax 280 IN 10.5 lift, 272 EX 10.1 lift

or

2) Tomei 280 IN 10.85 lift, 270 EX 10.25 lift

Mods:

2530 twins, mild headwork, adjustable cam gears, all other basic mods and etc.

Any suggestions between the two?

Which valvetrain parts are needed?

What are the specifications of the recommended retainers, springs and lifters do I need?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going with the 270/270 10.25 lift camshafts. Won't be finished till Jan. 07

·
Registered
303 Posts
theres also the JUN gear.

basically u need cams, springs & machining necessary to fit them (shims etc may need to be made up aswell)

u dont need to go to a 280 cam with 2530's, 264 10.25 inlet & 270 10.25 exhaust would be the max u'd want to run

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
280's are far too big for 2530's.........IMHO

270/272 is the biggest you should be aiming for.........

What exactly is your aim here??.......and what sort of use is the car for??....track, drag etc?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My aim is 500-550whp and a time attack set up. Daily driver with monthly track days.

I ordered Tomei Procam 270/270 10.25 with Tomei valvetrain (springs and lifters). Can't find any non-titanium retainers, so I probably will use my stock retainers.

Pairing these cams with 2530 and mild headwork (plus all the supporting mods...fuel, PowerFC and etc.).

What do you think?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Cool,
I think I'm aiming at a very similar spec to yours (on HKS GT2530's, Stock Displacement), and pretty similar driving (v.fast road, some circuit, some amateur drag), and really not sure what spec camshafts to go with. I don't mind dropping more money on springs and lifters and head modification by my tuner to fit larger camshafts that can deal with maximum boost on 2530's (before they run out of steam) but not make my setup too laggy.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My tuner says the right camshafts and some headwork make a world of a difference.

That remains to be seen. I'll be the judge of that with a pants in the seat test.

Good luck with your build.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I'm having a tough time working out what I need camshaft spec..
I'm not talking to any tuners just yet.
I want to know myself what I want and why!

Why have you gone with 270/10.25mm mate? How, has your tuner explained, will your engine respond to these cams being fitted? You obviously want quick spool.. and I would imagine a lot of torque mid range, with no drop off all the way to rev limit, to pull you out of the corners and quick acceleration?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.