GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having thought about clutch replacements I was wondering what people thought of Nismo twin plate versus an HKS triple.

John

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
John

Triple is the nuts, you'll never have to buy a clutch again and it will take all the big power you can throw at it, just needs to be fitted carefully and properly for it to work at its best, it feels and is more usuable than my Nismo Single I used to have which lasted not very long. Weka has just had one installed as well, ask him what its like or Henry, he's had his ages. Why have a double when you can have a single for the same-ish money.:)

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Tripple plate...

OS Giken is the bollox, highly recommended from me... just don't write your car off after only doing a few hundred miles with it in!!!!

Luke

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Triples

OS Giken, pricey but worth it.

I had the HKS Triple removed from my car and replaced with an OS Giken, Rupert did the same.

Guy

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Same response as Guy from me. I dumped my HKS triple for an OS R3C. Multiple times easier to drive and holds all the power, so far.

Cya O!

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Re: John

Dirk Diggler said:
Triple is the nuts, you'll never have to buy a clutch again and it will take all the big power you can throw at it, just needs to be fitted carefully and properly for it to work at its best
John,

You are welcome to try my car anytime to feel the clutch and the operation, you cant just throw the triple straight in, it needs to be altered slightly to gain maximum user friendliness, it will go straight in without fuss however, it wont be as good. I use my car everyday and do about 500 miles a week, motorway, b roads etc etc and still go the the track and launch it at 9000rpm. Its the nuts. My twin plate in my R33 is a nightmare, hard on the pedal and grinds like fick, horrid.

·
Registered
212 Posts
All the twin plates are similarly priced in Japan; and so are the triples but about 30.000 yen dearer. With most, you have to convert your clutch to a push type setup which adds to the cost.

Nismo G Max Spec II is rated at 700hp at the engine and is still a pull type setup. I put this clutch in my car a month ago and it is surprisingly user friendly. My first preference was ATS but the deal i got on the Nismo was too good to refuse.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Emre....You mention ATS. I've been looking into getting their twin...a little bit more expensive than say an OS or Nismo(Exedy), but have you had a chance to try one? I hear carbon is the way to go if you want smoothness and apparently it lasts longer too...
Any thoughts would be much appreciated:)

·
Registered
212 Posts
DCD,

I only know of one person using the ATS triple(metal) and he can't speak highly of them enough. Unlike most multi plate clutches you can slip the clutch and the secret is supposed to be in the friction materials used. His car is not driven daily but the wear is excellent considering the power he is pushing through it.

Carbon one is twice as more expensive, therefore i never had it as an option and don't know how they differ from the metal ones.

ATS, ORC and OS are the best clutches available and they all manufacture their own parts unlike Nismo, HKS, Apexi etc... They are also chosen by all the high hp gtr's which may force you think they are a pig to drive. I certainly thought that way till i've been told by many people that, that description is best deserved by HKS and Apexi.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
hks clutch

all this HKS triple clutches that are no good
does anyone have one for sale
because i will give one a go

thanks keith

·
Registered
446 Posts
because i will give one a go

Ah......Keith the 'opportunist'
First free wheels now he wants a free clutch.

If u wangle a free clutch ur putting it in on yer own:)

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
CLUTCH

I NEVER SAID I WANTED IT FOR FREE ;)
BUT IF HENRY SAYS THE HKS CLUTCH IS OK THEN IT CANT BE THAT BAD :p

AS FOR THE WHEELS WELL WHAT CAN I SAY:D :D

KEITH

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Keith, I'd sell you mine - only has 5,000 kms on it. Unfortunately, I'm in Japan and the thing weighs heaps! But you would be better off with an OS. ;)

Cya O!

·
Registered
127 Posts
O.S GIken

Keith,

Your better off with a Giken mate, i saw a triple setup yesterday while chatting with Rod, but again it down to your personal choice and £££'s...

Cheers

Stu

·
Registered
138 Posts
If anyone's interested

I've just removed an OS Giken twin from my R33. It'll have brand new plates, and has all the gubbins to convert to push (as it's complete). In excellent nick.

If you want further info, PM me. I'll be putting a for sale add on the forum when the plates arrive from Japan.

Cheers,
D.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts