GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I recently purchased a second hand Cobb v2 006 which did not come with any of the standard maps loaded in it. I would therefore appreciate some advice regarding which of the off the shelf maps would best suit my car.

The car is a 2009 with a y pipe and I run it on Shell V power Nitro +. I have been on the Cobb website and they seem to have maps for lower octane fuels and 100 octane for both stage 1 and 2.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Rob

·
Registered
808 Posts
Just sent you a PM regarding the unit you bought from me.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Hi, I recently purchased a second hand Cobb v2 006 which did not come with any of the standard maps loaded in it. I would therefore appreciate some advice regarding which of the off the shelf maps would best suit my car.

The car is a 2009 with a y pipe and I run it on Shell V power Nitro +. I have been on the Cobb website and they seem to have maps for lower octane fuels and 100 octane for both stage 1 and 2.

Rob

rob i send you quite a detailed email on how to update firmware. all the shelf maps get loaded onto the cobb but their is not a specific grade for UK fuel so will have to go with 93oct/97ron. other option is custom map for 99ron

ben

·
Registered
723 Posts

Rob
Just to warn you, I have full exhaust (standard downpipes) and K&N drop in filters...
My car was maxxing the injectors with the generic COBB Stage 2 Map...
So I wouldn't reccomend using this map...
Better have Custom map made...
[email protected] made it for me and it is really worth it...

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I'm also a cobb user and agree with the above I would go for a custom map made a massive difference to mine compared to the OTS Cobb maps! Depending upon where you are based [email protected] is very good and [email protected] Motorsport in Lancashire who did mine is also very good and did a complete custom tune.

Saying all that before you do anything you might want to read up on Cobb vs ECUTEK. I've always been a big fan of the Cobb and I'm sure a custom tuned Cobb'd car would be great for you.

However the lack of updates from Cobb really has put them on the back burner and there are now many many new features of the ECUTEK system which means you are missing out and for me is starting to win me over and I'm seriously considering changing over to ECUTEK!

I've read all the forum and can't find anything that show's Cobb will be catching up anytime soon or even releasing anything new for the GTR platform.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts