• HKS DCTF II

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Obviously when the R35 was launched there wasn***8217;t much choice other than going with the Nissan OEM fluid.
Now there appears to be many more manufacturers producing DCT fluid at varying specs and price point.

Which fluid do you use?
Did you notice any significant difference in performance when you changed fluid i.e. lower temps, smoother operation?

I***8217;ve added a pic below of a table which shows the spec difference between some of the fluids.

·
Registered
924 Posts
FFL racing. Not sure why, done about 4k miles and nearly time to change it

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
I may be remembering incorrectly but I think the only one you can switch to within warranty is stock fluid or FFL racing.

·
Vendor
480 Posts
Millers Oils DCT fluid. Identical spectrograph to the Pentosin but double the additive content and much more sensibly priced. Always in stock. :)

The pentosin ffl-r is very good at high temps, but if you're running consistently over 130 degrees you should be fitting a transmission cooler not changing oil spec.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the feedback. I hadn't even thought of millers dct fluid. need to try and update the poll options.

I am surprised not many seem to go for motul, they have a good reputation in producing high quality engine oils.

·
Vendor
480 Posts
thanks for the feedback. I hadn't even thought of millers dct fluid. need to try and update the poll options.

I am surprised not many seem to go for motul, they have a good reputation in producing high quality engine oils.
Engine oils.. Depends which one, I've had some eye opening lab tests on some tbh, however the 300v is very good. I believe their DCT fluid is actually a Fuchs one rebranded.

·
Premium Member
5,863 Posts
You left out one of the best and the cheapest
Millers DCT oil
Interesting, whats the exact spec do we need to be ordering? I've currently got Pentosin FFL-4

thanks

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ah, OK so Motul DCTF is just Fuchs Titan DCT fluid re-branded?
Fuchs is the parent company for Pentosin, does that mean that:

• Motul DCTF
  • Fuchs Titan Perormance DCTF
  • Pontosin FFL-2/3/4/R
Could all be same fluid or at least very similar with some minor alterations?

Engine oils.. Depends which one, I've had some eye opening lab tests on some tbh, however the 300v is very good. I believe their DCT fluid is actually a Fuchs one rebranded.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Interesting, whats the exact spec do we need to be ordering? I've currently got Pentosin FFL-4

thanks
Just Millers DCT oil, available in litres and 10 litres so you can buy exact amount.

Reactions: Chronos

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
For info purposes you can get FFL4-R from powerenhancer.co.uk for £283.66 for 20 litres (discount of 10% with code "audiclub" or "toyotaclub")

That's £140 for a fluid change.

·
Premium Member
5,863 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is what I went for in the end. I was tempted to go for Motul but when you take into account that if you buy 20L can then Pentosin is virtually the same price per change. One more thing to bear in mind, FFL-R is officially approved by Nissan, I don't think FFL-4 or the Motul has this accreditation?

For info purposes you can get FFL4-R from powerenhancer.co.uk for £283.66 for 20 litres (discount of 10% with code "audiclub" or "toyotaclub")

That's £140 for a fluid change.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
you say 10ltrs per change... fairly sure we never managed to get 10ltrs into the box before it poured out the top sight hole...
from memory I think it was 8.5ltrs..

is it defo 10ltrs to fill it >?

and has anyone got a link where I can buy a replacement gearbox oil filter ?

thanks

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Nissan state 8 quarts to fill trans if the sump has been removed and drained. That***8217;s 9 litres.

I just rounded up is all.

Reactions: nick the tubman
1 - 20 of 35 Posts