Votes: 8 29.6%
  • HKS DCTF II

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
There is another litre if you drain the clutches - there is a procedure to do this but I cannot remember how it goes something to do with putting it in gear with the brake on

I have 10ltrs of motul dct if anyone wants it £100

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
you say 10ltrs per change... fairly sure we never managed to get 10ltrs into the box before it poured out the top sight hole...
from memory I think it was 8.5ltrs..

is it defo 10ltrs to fill it >?

and has anyone got a link where I can buy a replacement gearbox oil filter ?

thanks
The fluid coming out of the drain over the tower tube does not mean its full!

I put at least another ltr in and maybe 2 in mine as it launches hard on slicks

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
you say 10ltrs per change... fairly sure we never managed to get 10ltrs into the box before it poured out the top sight hole...
from memory I think it was 8.5ltrs..

is it defo 10ltrs to fill it >?

and has anyone got a link where I can buy a replacement gearbox oil filter ?

thanks
Nissan do not supply a replacement filter (wonder how they change it ???)
AFAIK only Litchfield supply filters, the pan filter is Dodson as is the round filter deeper in the box, they supply a reusable Dodson mesh filter which is better value, but the pair are over £200, nearer £250 retail if I remember correctly. The flat pan filter is easy enough to open up and clean the mesh inside then re flatten the flange back together.

Dodson_R35_TransFilter.jpg

Attachments

Reactions: nick the tubman

·
Registered
25 Posts
I flushed my oil a few months ago. Used Motul. Cheap and very similar to Nissan***8217;s stock gearbox oil from what I was told

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
I flushed my oil a few months ago. Used Motul. Cheap and very similar to Nissan’s stock gearbox oil from what I was told
Given how poor Nissan’s original fluid is with regards heat resistance I’m not sure that’s a good thing if it’s true.

Afaik all aftermarket fluids exceed Nissan’s OEM fluid.

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
TBH I Cant believe these cars done come with coolers for DCT, I used the Pentosin Racing one as already blew a clutch seal with the crappy Nissan stuff.

Anyone regularly going on track needs a cooler IMO

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
TBH I Cant believe these cars done come with coolers for DCT, I used the Pentosin Racing one as already blew a clutch seal with the crappy Nissan stuff.

Anyone regularly going on track needs a cooler IMO
They do come with a oil to water cooler dude, it heats the trans up and tries to cool it, the heating up works extremely well the cooling not so much !!!! Its using the engine coolant BTW. Nissan do not seem to acknowledge a problem hence Nismo say the diff needs cooler for track work as the diff also gets very hot apparently.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
managed to get 9.5 ltrs in the gearbox... you put in 8.5, the run the car for a couple of minutes,, then top it up again.
the filter was spotless... very surprised. was expecting at least something to be on there..

both diffs done as well.

TBH, considering the amount of trackdays and trips across Europe etc, about 9,000mls in between changes, the oil in all 3, seemed to be in very good condition. still clear and smelt as new.

gone for the Motul Competition stuff this time
its Blue in colour - not seen that before.

I will let you know how it gets on temp wise compared to the standard stuff.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
On the bottle of the Motul DCTF, it states it is the OEM fluid for the GR6.
I’m sticking with that.
OEM fluid is not Motul, the nissan OEM is crap if you do track days as it degrades under heat. Motul, Pentosin, and Millers are all very good

·
Registered
212 Posts
Ordered 10litres of motul multi dctf
It***8217;s been in my car the last 12k miles and done me well so why change? It was also £121
Gone with the motul gear Competition lsd for the diffs too for £58 for 3 liters
Not bad prices

21 - 35 of 35 Posts