GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please can somebody reccomend a fuel pump capable of handling 600 bhp (at the flywheel) ive been looking at the walbro and bosch ones on ebay but they only say up to 550 bhp, after buying the rest of the parts i need i wont have much money left so whats the best pump i can get at a reasonable price that will be suitable, (the car is a r32 gtr that will be running 2530's and 720 injectors) thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
same as my setup mate, I run a tomei pump 280ltr/ph..
you might need larger fuel lines too if you are running a 32GTR - 33+34 have larger main lines..

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
I use a Walbro 255lph pump with no problems..

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
why would it need to run 280 litres per hour ? thats like a full tank of petrol in 15 minutes, or is this just how they measure how good a pump is ?
is there much difference between the hks, nismo and tomei pumps as they are all around the same price, also the hks one says its made by bosch so will it just be the 044 bosch pump with a hks sticker ?

Product Search - Nengun Performance

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I hope that guide isn't blowing hot air - Apexi rates their pump at 240 liters/hour, and that's what I had put in (a Hobson's Choice). Engine won't be done for a couple weeks yet (DAMN YOU GREENLINE WHERE THE HELL ARE MY BLOODY PISTONS!!!!) and I hope the Apexi unit is truly all that it's made out to be - seeing as my last pump failure has cost me a fortune in rebuilding a melted engine....

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

lol, thats a little too much information for me to take in (i tried to read it earlier today too) i simply dont understand a word of it,
what i was hoping for is someone to just say "get this pump as its good for 600bhp and is sensible money", although your help is very much appreciated its a bit too technical for me to understand, but thanks for trying lol.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
hi mate the reason the pump needs to pump 280ltr /hour is that when using 720 inj @ 600 bhp @8500 rpm thats the amount of fuel 6 injectors would need. these cars are not economical @ 600 bhp at full chat on a track you will be looking at 5-10 mpg..that takes a lot of fuel to be pumped. as andy said some use the walbro pump. some find it a little noisy. the std replacement intank pumps are very quite. if 200 is too much for a fuel pump then you will be in for a shoock for the rest of the parts and the fuel bill..

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
to answer your question then,

i have a tomei one, it is perfectly good for 600bhp as is the hks etc etc

anything around 280ltr/ph will be fine.

It is another item i wouldnt go for the cheapest option with as if you dont pump enough fuel and at a good rate reliably then you will blow your engine.

£200 is cheap money for a 600bhp cars fuel pump

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
tomei pump it is then, thanks for all your replies, i appreciate your help, the reason i was wanting one as cheap as possible was because i had only budgeted £100 for a pump (ebay prices) and me girlfriend hasnt spoke to me for a fortnight because she thought she was getting a boob job with the money im spending on the car lol. (she already hated the car before this so shes not very happy now) im hoping to be able to get everything i need for under £4000 as after that il have to get everything a little at a time which will take months.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
im hoping to be able to get everything i need for under £4000 as after that il have to get everything a little at a time which will take months.
does that 4000 quid include the boobs as well? My 10K rebuild, according to my tally sheet, includes a Chanel and a Gucci handbag, required to shut the missus up regarding the astronomical cost of tuning the car to the spec I've always wanted.

·
Registered
318 Posts
i bought an uprated hks fuel pump from nengun, i fink it was around £250 shipped. running 650bhp no probs:squintdan :squintdan :squintdan

1 - 20 of 40 Posts