thanks

·
Registered
4,821 Posts

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just for a better grip of the wheel to be honest and better feel of the pedels :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
You should only really use gloves/boots for fireproofing - anything else is futile. If you're after more feel, then you cannot beat simple fingers on the steering wheel, gloves are an added layer which reduce communication.

For boots, you just need something that has thin soles and can heel and toe (wide base) if appropriate.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i tend to get sweaty hands when on the track :nervous:

so i thought it would be better if i had gloves :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
other option is a seude steering wheel?

We have a leathery type MOMO i the skyline and it does get a bit slippy after a few full bore laps (and dirty if things are going wrong with the car!)

We have a suede OMP in the Impreza and it offers much better grip/feel

Gloves are cheaper though LOL

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
sparco gloves, and MOMO boots for me. both FIA approved. and both fantastic. gloves approx £40-60 dependant on spec. boots approx £90-240.

gloves i am not sure about, boots a must for track days.. feel great

·
Registered
8,543 Posts
I have OMP Gran Premio Gloves..

Which, along with my suede Sparco steering wheel is a super-grippy combination :)

Sparco Top Driver Boots..

Sparco Open face helmet...

Sparco flameproof undies..

And a soon to get Sparco 2-layer race suit... model as yet undecided..

Perhaps overkill for trackdays but I'd rather be safe than burnt to a crisp TBH. You cant put a price on your own safety. Its also one of the reasons I've managed to get the missus on-side for the purchase of a custom super-dooper roll-cage.
Besides, I'm looking to get involved in competitive motorsport soon so need all the fireproof goodies anyway...

I know you only ask for glove recommendations but I would say that IMHO if your serious about doing trackdays then your probably best to get some good flameproof kit. It doesnt need to be expensive either..a decent Proban suit isnt a lot of money and you can pick up other bits from Pistonheads or Ebay....You may think its not necessary until the time your sat there with some flames licking around your legs and only then wonder why the hell you never forked out a hundred-odd quid for some proper gear. Best to have the gear and NEVER put to use than not have it and wish you did!!!

TT

1 - 12 of 12 Posts