GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im after some 3" intakes - which ones do you guys recommend ie best fit quality and performance gains - for a stage 4 spec car.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Im after some 3" intakes - which ones do you guys recommend ie best fit quality and performance gains - for a stage 4 spec car.
SVM provide 80mm intakes with K&N High Flow Filters which are perfect for a stage 4 GT-R:)
Have a chat with Amar @ SVM and tell him "Louie" sent ya!!!:chuckle:

Cheers
Louie

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
To be honest, go for any of the main vendors who offer 76mm or 80mm.
You'll need a remap though, before you can use them.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To be honest, go for any of the main vendors who offer 76mm or 80mm.
You'll need a remap though, before you can use them.
I have a cobb accessport so going to use the ots stage 3 map as i have the id1000cc injectors - then i need to decide wether to stay with the cobb or go ecutek so will probably go with litchfield intakes to keep the ecutek option open

·
Vendor
480 Posts
If you have your car custom tuned, that would be done to suit whatever mods are on the car to the best of the mappers ability. Some injectors run better at low duty cycles and are faster responding than others and some intakes run smoother and have more linear (and closer to stock) MAF curves which greatly improves the smooth running of the car.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Just changing to a higher MAP isn't going to help if the existing map was created with the old Intakes on....... The scaling for the MAF sensors will be all out of sorts when the new 80mm intakes are popped on and will give false readings, thus screwing up fueling!

Simple rules..... Anything that Greatly modifies the amount of air in and the amount of gas out requires a MAP change!

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Just changing to a higher MAP isn't going to help if the existing map was created with the old Intakes on....... The scaling for the MAF sensors will be all out of sorts when the new 80mm intakes are popped on and will give false readings, thus screwing up fueling!

Simple rules..... Anything that Greatly modifies the amount of air in and the amount of gas out requires a MAP change!
This.
Buy your intakes and EcuTek map from the same people. Litchfield have great base maps which will only take a minor tweak

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Thanks for the replys and advice - my original idea was to go for the hardware that is required in the cobb stage 3 map as i already have the cobb hence i went id1000cc injectors - but getting hold of cobb intakes over here is not easy - when you ad import duty they work out expensive so was looking for an alternative intake - thinking 3" which use k&n filters will be in the right ball park - im no pro turner but have mapped cars before car in my sig is a 280bhp YAMAHA R1 turbo engine set up by myself + a 350bhp turbo s2000 on hondata programming - so have some idea how things work just trying to make the right choices based on your experience of parts available
Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts