GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, at present I've got Dunlops on my MY11 and on my previous gtr MY09 Ihad BBridgestone potenzzas and I personally preferred the feel and look of the Bridgestones, can anyone please tell me why Nissan decided to change them to Dunlops and which is a better tyre for grip for the drag strip and general road use. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
833 Posts
All uk gtrs ad the Dunlop as the OEM tyre, in Japan I think it was the Bridgestones. The reason why will be down to money in the end.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
All uk gtrs ad the Dunlop as the OEM tyre, in Japan I think it was the Bridgestones. The reason why will be down to money in the end.
I believe the 09/10 cars came with Bridgestones as OEM, Nissan changed to the Dunlops for the MY11+

The Dunlops alledgdly have more outright grip but I have heard people say the Bridgestone grip falls off a bit more gently when you go over the limits.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
My car is MY09 and they came with Dunlops. I was told the official tyres for GTR are Dunlops in the UK.

Good dry tyres really but wear quickly and I very much prefer my MPSS now for day-to-day driving.

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The UK 09/10 also came with Bridgestone potenzzas as standard because mine was a uk car.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Dunlop or Bridgestone was an option on the early 09 Cars, but quite quickly Dunlop became standard.

I am sure Steve will have a view on this? :D

Rich

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found that the Dunlops to be quiet harsh especially on full lock at slow speed and if I'm not wrong they seem to wear out quicker than the Bridgestones, my car has only done 10k and the tyres look like they will need changing soon as where my previous gtr had them changed at 15-16k

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
My MY 09 came with Bridgestones on and I quite like them - yes quite a firm ride, but they do wear well. I have a spare set of rims now so probably will try the MPSS s on them for the winter months. Cannot comment on the Dunlops - from what others have reported, I will give them a miss cos 12k miles is not enough for me.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I preferred the Bridgestone myself (had Dunlops when I bought it and changed to bridgestone when they needed replacing). Even preferred them over the MPSS which I have on currently.

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm of the same opinion, I prefer Bridgestones I found them to last longer and I think they feel better on full lock turn and I think they look better on the rim

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
My MY10 (60 plate) came with the dunlops....they were great in the dry but not too clever in the wet and got progressively worse as they worse. On the plus side the deteriorating wet grip did make for easy fun on damp roundabouts :chuckle:

·
Registered
723 Posts
I had Dunlops (OEM set) and Bridgestones (2nd and 3rd set)...
Dunlops seem to have a bit better grip on dry then Bridgies, but Bridgies are much cheaper and the difference is minor...
BUT, both of them are the worst tires I havemever used for standing water and rain on highways...when it's raining, forget the speeds higher than 120 km/h on highway...
I had several aquaplannings that almost finished with the crash...some happened with worn tires, but last one happened few days ago, with almost new tires...and the speeds were realy not Kamikaze, ca 120-130 km/h...
Due to that reason, I am thinking to switch to Michelin MPSS.
But, I like sharp cornering and great grip that Bridgestones provide, so I don' know how much of this I would loose with Michelins...

·
Registered
449 Posts
i got dunlops and they need changing now after 8000miles, loads of tread on top but worn out on the edges,they aint much cop in standing water either!!

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well the rain bit hopefully wownt concern me as I drive my car in the complete dry weather as I feel that no matter what tyres you got the Gtr's are not to clever in the rain full stop and also I don't wanna ruin it's body work

1 - 20 of 45 Posts