GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, long time lurker, first time poster,

I am looking to get into the wonderful world of GTR ownership this year hopefully and have come across a couple of cars on autotrader for sale and was wondering if you guys thought they were fairly valued or not. What is the general deal with EBA GTR's as in does anybody know what example are actually selling for compared to advertised price? There are so many EBA GTR's that I have seen online for months that have not shifted and I am just wondering how much haggling can be done to take them off the market. Can anyone give me any examples of cars they bought, list price vs purchase price?

Two cars that stick out to me as I am ideally looking for Orange or White with the Litchfield 4.25 kit on it with sub 10k miles.

Car number 1 is:
66 reg Orange, prestige black interior
8500 miles
Litchfield stage 4.25 (GTC Titan Exhaust)
Ceramic Coated
Within 6 months will require brakes, tyres and a service along with 1 year extended warranty from Litchfields circa £1200.
List price is £66k
Private Seller

Car number 2 is:
67 reg White, Recaro
10k miles
Litchfield stage 4.25 (Akrapovic Evolution with Tips)
Full PPF
Recent new MP4S tyres
Recent new brake change (Alcon disc upgrade)
Warranty included until end of summer 2020 from Litchfields
List price is £70k
Trade Seller

With option 1, is the car overpriced as it is a private sale and requires abit of work within the next 6 months potentially costing £3k-£4k or is it good value? With option 2, is this a fair price? I understand a car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it but I am just trying to get an idea which is the better car and if they are fairly priced or is there room to haggle per say. My budget is approx £65k ish but I dont mind pushing that for the right car.

Apologies about the long whinded first post, I appreciate any feedback given :bowdown1:

·
Vendor
6,330 Posts
A friend of mine is selling his black MY17 with 2.2k miles, fully ppf'd so it's basically brand new condition, service pack, cat 5 tracker, ghost system one owner car £65k if your interested

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A friend of mine is selling his black MY17 with 2.2k miles, fully ppf'd so it's basically brand new condition, service pack, cat 5 tracker, ghost system one owner car £65k if your interested
Hi mate, appreciate the offer on what sounds like an amazing car, I believe this is currently advertised for £67995 at a dealer? However I have had my fair share of black cars so was wanting a White or Orange car. Also preferred stage 4.25 but if its a decent price on a standard one that's fine.

If anyone has any other advice or suggestions please let me know. Thank you

·
Super Moderator
15,693 Posts
White car, but I believe resale on orange will be better.
It's a buyer's market IMHO, so the orange car seller ought to be open to a bit of negotiation.

·
Vendor
6,330 Posts
White car, but I believe resale on orange will be better.
It's a buyer's market IMHO, so the orange car seller ought to be open to a bit of negotiation.
If I'm being honest orange are quiet high in demand and at first there were mixed opinions on the orange but now I've found a lot of buyers were considering the orange.

·
R35 Section manager
10,922 Posts
This one

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
car2 sounds the best and you should be able to shave a couple of grand off the price. It ticks all the boxes although orange is the best colour :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Have you actually been and viewed either?
Yes mate I've seen both in the flesh. Unfortunately the white one went before I was ready to put deposit down. Surprise surprise the orange one is still available, I knew the white one was a good buy just hesitated!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
car2 sounds the best and you should be able to shave a couple of grand off the price. It ticks all the boxes although orange is the best colour :)
I agree with orange being the best colour. The perfect car would be a 4.25 ppf orange prestige car! If that doesn't happen will get one with either and work from there. I'm trying to avoid past mistakes on spending bucket loads of cash and seeing minimal returns.

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
gtr35

I agree with orange being the best colour. The perfect car would be a 4.25 ppf orange prestige car! If that doesn't happen will get one with either and work from there. I'm trying to avoid past mistakes on spending bucket loads of cash and seeing minimal returns.
With these cars,good luck with that mate:chuckle::chuckle:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts